Melbourne Uni Mechatronics (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey all,

I wanna do Engineering @ Melb Uni, but as you might know, they're changing their admission structure. I really wanna do Mechatronics, but Melbourne Uni are changing it to Postgraduate admission only next year. So my two possible options are-

VCE-->General Science Degree-->Mechatronics Postgraduate Degree
VCE-->Bachelor of Engineering

Admission into the Postgrad Mechatronics degree is based on academic performance in the Science Degree. What i'm concerned about is totally flunking out, and ending only having a Science degree. I won't even be an Engineer!!! What will i do then?!?! If i decide to go straight into the Bachelor of Engineering course, and do electrical, will i still be eligible for all the jobs that Mechatronics graduates will be able to apply for?? Me thinks not :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Either:
a) try Monash.
b) look at their combined BE(Mechatronics)/BCompSci programme.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
The Melbourne model really is terrible. Go to Monash if you want to study mechatronics.

Z66R2V

HSC
Mechatronics is a combination of mech and elec. If you enroll in either mech or elec you should get a handful of electives to do. If you enroll in mech, you should be able to do elec electives, and in elec, you should be able to do mech electives.

At the end of the day you get a piece of paper which you're going to use to apply for jobs. It doesnt' matter what it says on the piece of paper, it matters what you know and how enthusiastic you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)