memento, the crow, donnie darko (1 Viewer)

honkytonk

Originally posted by Mojoman
fight club?
pink floyd: the wall?
ummm.... rules of attraction?
thanks for those. fight club- thats the one with brad pitt, yeah?

Originally posted by jim_bob2004
Try american beauty
saw that yeeeeeears ago when it first came out, but back then i thought it was crap. =p will give it another go, though.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
identity , usual suspects? they are kinda like it.

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
uhhhhh, do you mean in terms of style, or themes or what?
i know donnie darko and memento are similar in that they both provoke that whole head-fuck thing after you've watched them.

i'd check out 'insomnia' just to see how christopher nolan is maturing, he's really awesome.

and if you want more darkish, violence, youth-related movies try american history x (norton as well) and for one of those 'big twist' movies try the crying game

and you can never go wrong with fight club and american beauty, both *****/*****

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
while i'm mentioning movies, the man who wasn't there and mulholland dr are two others that are mustsees

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
fight club is F(*#& awesome,i dont think i ever seen a movie that drew me in as quick as fight club,,, for those people who works like a dog everyday and wishes they would one day have enough guts punch their boss right in the face, thats the movies they should see.

I have seen mulholland drive, man that movie is way too over the top with whatever it is trying to do, i mean comeon.......ending leaves bunch of questions so.....

spiny norman

HSC
Mulholland Dr. was a much better movie than Fight Club. Blue Velvet, too, is awesome.

Any reason why you hunted down this ten month old thread for your input, though?

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
i just realised that this website got forums other than study i just saw fight club so i looked it up............

but mulholland drive was too weird for me at the ending, i know its all multi-layered and philosophical . critics would definitely like it. but then i never really like people who reads complicated literature....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)