"Memorising" essays... (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
we've been told that the journey's module generally brings up the most generic questions and that often, we end up rewriting an essay changing only about 10% of it

did anyone "memorise" so to speak, an essay and then simply realign it to the question, for journeys in their HSC? did this work alright? or was this just a last minute attempt kinda thing?

Last edited:

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
i did!

i changed about 30% of it though.. not so as to align it to the question but because i actually forgot it... =)

poke

he who can annoy all
HSC
The bad thing about 'memorising' essays is that in the middle of an exam, people tend to stress out and just rewrite what they have memorised without adapting it enough to the question. Your best bet is to memorise points which you want to say and when you get the essay question spend 5 minutes planning out which points you want to use and in what order

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
we've been told that the journey's module generally brings up the most generic questions and that often, we end up rewriting an essay changing only about 10% of it

did anyone "memorise" so to speak, an essay and then simply realign it to the question, for journeys in their HSC? did this work alright? or was this just a last minute attempt kinda thing?
Word by word. Just have to make sure you link it back to the question, which is usually the same thing as your generic essay, just worded a bit differently.

poke said:
The bad thing about 'memorising' essays is that in the middle of an exam, people tend to stress out and just rewrite what they have memorised without adapting it enough to the question. Your best bet is to memorise points which you want to say and when you get the essay question spend 5 minutes planning out which points you want to use and in what order
Why would you do that, when you can memorize a whole answer to a question? I memorized about 8 essays for English alone.

Last edited:

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
That's what I did, worked for me, I just related it to the question in the exam.

Lorie

HSC
I just got some major themes and looked at what it's texts position on this them was and how it was protrayed. From this I was able to just simply apply this to the relevent question.

I guess it's not remembering an essay, but I pretty much had it in my head what I was gonna write, just a matter of applying it to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)