Memorising three essays in one night! (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Im learning 3 tonight (Saying that i have already learnt half 50th gate, half BR, and half Hamlet). Peace of cake but. Don't try and learn everything word-for-word, get a feel for the sentences. So ideally read it enough times, so when you are in the exam, one sentence will spark the next, and then etc.

jmel93

HSC
Sorry but your brain will explode, I can do 1 in 2 days, if your name is Jesus you can do it.

E

Effekt

Do we only need 1 supp text for each essay? or should we prepare 2 supps?

brettymaccc

HSC
Starting now, here's a few tips.

- Make flashcards with barebones points
- Memorise those points, get people to test you
- In the exam, answer question, bullshit points and relate effects/links to question
- If you have a few good effect statements but the rest are just like "and thus the individual's sense of belonging is strengthened..." or some similar bullshit, rote-learn the good effect statements
- If you have time, try to write out practice essays using your cards in 40 minutes
- Get a good night's sleep, don't go all night - you WILL fuck up in the test and forget everything. Go to bed at like 9 and get up at 4 if you want to do even more
- Have fish for dinner and browse over your cards in the morning

My general procedure. Did it for the AOS paper and both my English trials, doing it tonight.

Good luck, all.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Say to yourself, "right im going to learn a paragraph in 20 minutes" and then reward yourself with whatever. Then go back 5 minutes read back over it, move onto next paragraph do the same.

When you have a major break, think about it - get an understanding. I like to brake down my paragraphs as blocks, so i think 3 blocks to remember for this paragraph, and i trigger them off each other.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
Yeah pretty much what I'm going to try to do. I'm just not looking forward to Gwen Harwood's poetry section.

Actually, not looking forward to King Richard III / Looking for Richard or 50th Gate either. Fun fun.

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
Memorising or writing essays at this point is just silly. just do yourself a mindmap of all the themes, quotes and relevent points, then expand on each point by writing a paragraph for each them, character, ect. especially effective for hamlet, where they can ask you anything, this allows you to draw from the relevent points on the day. Especially with Hamlet. works well with frankyrunner too. His&memory you can bullshit as long as you can talk about textual form and device.

ylhd

HSC
I would strongly advise against memorising 3 essays as the questions in the exam may not relate at all to what you have already memorised, which would limit your analysis and the markers can easily recognise prepared responses. It's way more effective to memorise quotes, techniques and key themes/ideas in order to provide the marker with an insightful analysis.

Weasel406

HSC
Uni Grad
Although I've been reading over essays from time to time for the last week, I find if I just keep reading a few essays over and over enough information sticks for me to write in the exam. Like many others I left English study for the trials up until 2 days before and this helped me a lot. Went from knowing next to nothing to being able to score 75%

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
Remembering three essays - eaaaaaasy peeeeeeasy
But I reckon remembering all the quote-technique-effect-how-theme is better . If you rmember those, during exam you'd find that you can write up a whole new essay that flows and sound more legit

Maddy_993

HSC
Don't try and memorise each essay word for word, it will fuck you up i promise. Memorise the introduction because that gets you going but the from then on just know the quotes and basic explanation and if you have read your essay enough times it will start to flow and come to you. goodluck, im in the same boat ahha

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't try and memorise each essay word for word, it will fuck you up i promise. Memorise the introduction because that gets you going but the from then on just know the quotes and basic explanation and if you have read your essay enough times it will start to flow and come to you. goodluck, im in the same boat ahha
Nah I did it for trials, chill out, Mod A + C are pretty generic, only Mod B needs extra crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)