Mental Health (1 Viewer)

annie_m

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm currently at studying at Usyd and i'm really not enjoying this year. I transfered degrees last year so this isn't my first year of uni. Although last year I was finding it much more enjoyable. I've struggled with depression/ anxiety for a while, but these past few months it's really worsened. I'm finding that there's not much Usyd will or can do to support me. There's very little support on offer (I know about CAPS and the 6 free sessions). I'm wondering if there are any other people out there who have been through similar while studying at uni and what they found was helpful/ how they managed to get through it. It's becoming challanging for me to even get out of bed in the morning and go to class, let alone be able to concentrate and get good study done.

Thanks a lot :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I've been having similar issues the past 6 months or so and have found one of the most useful things is to keep your lecturers & tutors in the loop with what's going on. I know it seems a little odd divulging these things to people you don't really know that well, but you would be surprised how much it helps. All of my lecturers have been very sensitive to my situation and have provided flexibility when it comes to assessments. People can't help you if they don't know what's going on.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Reasons come first and answers come second. You have to find out why you need to graduate. The secret to living is giving. Also you must learn to be grateful in life for everything that you have. I highly suggest you look up "Anthony Robbins New Year New Life" on you tube. Anthony Robbins is the greatest motivational speaker that ever lived. You need to have goals and be results driven. I also suggest that you look up "Project Life Mastery Morning Ritual" on you tube. In life you must do real action rituals.

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I found that talking to people really helps. If you want to talk about it not publicly feel free to PM me. I found that just having someone around you will really help whether it is a friend or a family member or even some complete stranger from the Internet. I remember my younger years of high school from year 7-10 I battled depression and anxiety so I can relate

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I battled depression at one point in my high school life too ! Talking to a family friend or UNi friend really helps! You can also try the unis support services .

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Reasons come first and answers come second. You have to find out why you need to graduate. The secret to living is giving. Also you must learn to be grateful in life for everything that you have. I highly suggest you look up "Anthony Robbins New Year New Life" on you tube. Anthony Robbins is the greatest motivational speaker that ever lived. You need to have goals and be results driven. I also suggest that you look up "Project Life Mastery Morning Ritual" on you tube. In life you must do real action rituals.
What? This is horrible advice.

But Annie, if you are having trouble potentially see your GP(if you haven't already.) Also, do you do any regular exercise? I found it was significant in improving my mental health. As well as what Spiral mentioned in talking to people about things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)