HSC
I have 4 exams in the first 2 days

Tomorrow:

English paper 1
Visual Arts

Tuesday:

English Paper 2
Society and Culture

Its ok though, ive been studying like a good girl, mind, i feel like such a nerd

Last edited:

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i have one exam every day for a week, except for tomorrow when i have two, and the following week i have one on the monday
Death by 3 hours chunks!

Cerry

HSC
Caitlin63 said:
Yah our exams are all crammed into 8 school days... It sucks... I have 5 exams in the first 4 days and then no more till the last day.... talk about annoying timetable
*refrains from making a comment about how shit Cat's school is*

We have 9 days of exams, and they've tried not to put exams in the afternoon if they can avoid it. Where they can't, they've tried to make it so the smallest number of people possible have two exams in one day. I have 5 days this week, and one day next week. This Wednesday, I have two exams, but the afternoon one is music, which you can't really study much for anyway.

There are a whole bunch of herbal things you can get which increase concentration. One of my friends takes tablets, and I've got tea (which tastes strangely like peppermint tea, but is apparently full of heaps of other good stuff), and we find that they work pretty well. Given that both of us were somewhat skeptical about how they'd work to start with, it's pretty safe to say that they're not just placebos. You should be able to find something at a health food shop (or a tea shop, if you can find one).
The only other thing I can think of is to get plenty of sleep the night before. There's no point staying up cramming, because you'll just get tired, and won't be able to remember most of what you learnt anyway. Drinking water in the exam can help too, but don't drink too much, because it's hard to concentrate when you really have to pee, and you'll quite often lose your train of thought if you stop to go to the toilet.

lionking1191

HSC
kevinx2 said:
I always do the hard essay type questions first. It's a pain, because i usually like procrastinating...doing the hard stuff last....and running out of time :mad1:

Yeah 3 hours seems a lot, study seminars etc all say that your brain works best within the first hour or so..
My first 3hour'er is tomorrow =(
ugh i always do the hard one last so i can get full advantage of the time i have left. for a 40min essay i try to leave 3-5min. out for each so it adds up

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lol my stomach starts growling whenever I have two exams in a day... gosh :eek:

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
Guess I'm relatively lucky since I have something like one exam every two days - but I still have a massively short attention span. When I'm studying with other people, I'll have had something like 3 breaks by the time they take their first.

vulgarfraction said:
@ hurikai: How'd you find cosmo, incidentally? =)
Well well..

Jesus christ how much time do you spend on here?

I know I've dropped at least 10 marks, because I skipped a 4-marker due to time management problems and I left out a 6-marker which I didn't know how to do. But let's just hope everyone else fails by more. You?

OK if I can figure out how this thing works I'll buddy you. By the way, you can call me by my first name. Nobody is THAT protective.

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
Apparently the average human has a concentration span of 15 minutes.
Pretty sad really.

Dude... as if list your ranks in your siggy.

Get over yourself.

tahlsy31191

HSC
hurikai said:
Dude... as if list your ranks in your siggy.

Get over yourself.
I've worked my arse off all year to get those marks and I am sure everyone who has worked as hard as I have will feel the same way.
Why shouldn't I be proud of my ranks?

HSC
N/A
why can't you just bring food into the exam? at least bring juice/smoothie in a water bottle... I usually cbb though.

claire.bear

HSC
Charity F said:
haha yeah, had chem today and got incredibly hungry about 2 1/2 hours through it. lol. what was really funny though, was that you could hear everyone else's stomach grumbling away as well... it was like a collective cringe, haha.
lol, shoulda heard my stomach during act 1 of Ros and Guil are Dead for english excursion- the 3 teachers that came were all to my immediate left and all of them heard my stomach rumbling >.< =P

they were pretty cool but- the nice, young fellow chick teachers-type =D is it weird to laugh at urself with teachers? o_O ...meh =P

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
(speaking of protective/stalkerish, nice shirtless pics on fb. ;))
HAHAHA I loove your sense of humour...

I did write "I wish I'd paid more attention in class" during a bio exam.. we never got that paper back though so I couldn't see the teacher's reaction.

One thing I've realised though - the cosmology course is full of bludgers. Pretty much everyone ends up doing stuff last moment. So it's more of a question of who screws up less.

Last edited:

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
OH I just realised you didn't mean that as a joke. Damn muckup photos. Gee, and I was gonna give you bonus points for being funny. You suckkk...

Fucken facebook.

Last edited:

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
I've worked my arse off all year to get those marks and I am sure everyone who has worked as hard as I have will feel the same way.
Why shouldn't I be proud of my ranks?
I'm not looking down on 'hard work'. I respect that. It just looked like you think people will treat you differently or look up to you just because they know you do well in school.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I had my english paper 2 and society and culture exams today.
my fingers are really sore! :(

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
there alright i sat a 3hr religion exam yeah it suked but with other subjects it wasn't bad

wendus

krawr.
HSC
our school don't even let us bring cough lollies, unless you actually have a cold / coughing condition.

tahlsy31191

HSC
hurikai said:
I'm not looking down on 'hard work'. I respect that. It just looked like you think people will treat you differently or look up to you just because they know you do well in school.
And ripping on people who do well at school makes you soo cool.. We have two options, to do well at school and make something of yourself when you leave school or be the 'cool' kid who leaves school and has a minimum wage job because they thought it was uncool to study.

It is not there because I want to be cool. I don't care what anyone thinks. It is there because I have achieved something I am proud of and I am happy about that. There is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)