mentors...have you got one?? (1 Viewer)

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
at our school we have like 12 ppl doing it and 2 teachers...but we have heaps of meetings with only 2-3 studuents scheduled to see the teachers..so it all works out fine.

clerisy

HSC
I don't have a mentor-- never really figured I needed one. There's only a couple in our class and we don't even have timetabled lessons-- like some others have mentioned, we just have a weekly discussion type thing on whatever day we decide for that week. Because we're such a small class, I always viewed my teacher as a kind of mentor, and I always seek feedback from all the other english teachers too.

But come to think of it, my friend has a mentor and she's yards ahead of me. I might seek one out.

serenesorrow

We stay back till 5 on the Wednesdays with 2 teachers.
Our mentor guy's pretty good though.. stays till 5 every second week and is pretty cheap.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
my teacher aint so good, I think i will try and find a mentor... got no idea how to go about it tho. im not really buddy-buddy with any of our other english teachers, and my parents wouldn't be much help.. hmmmm i'll hafta dwell on this one.....
also, we have no organised classes/meetings for our ext2! our 'teacher' doesnt check our progress, or assist us, unless we seek her out at lunchtimes or something. even then, she's always in a rush or busy and hasnt got much time. Should we be having actual classes? most people seem to be!!! ( =s

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
u mean u have no timetables lessons for extension? yeah u should have them, we have 2 50 min periods per week per extension

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it used to be original and unique to add a clever quote relating to ur topic but now that EVERYBODY does it, it has become quite cliched sorta...

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by hotcocoababe
also, we have no organised classes/meetings for our ext2! our 'teacher' doesnt check our progress, or assist us, unless we seek her out at lunchtimes or something. even then, she's always in a rush or busy and hasnt got much time. Should we be having actual classes? most people seem to be!!! ( =s
I wouldn't worry-- our meetings are so informal and unstructured and, should we choose them to be (which we don't-- usually--) sporadic. If you r teacher's not being any help, though, complain! It's always fun causing controversy! Your teacher being your teacher, she should teach if you ask for it!

oscar_wilde

I've got 2 mentors-kinda.
1- is 1 of the eng teachers at school;
2- a friend who did ee2 last year & got 50: don't pay him nothin either...lol

u guys have heaps in ur ee2 classes-how many in ee1?
we only have 4 in our ee1 class and 3 in ee2

oscar_wilde

everyone sounds like they have so many people in their ee2 classes- maybe cause we're at public schools-people lazy = 3 people in ee2...

what's the norm for others? Does anyone have time to read my 1st draft of my short story? its linear and not post-modern?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council
I have babydoll_ as my "mentor". lol, more like i just tell her what i'm doing, and she usually says, make sure you put that in your journal. But it works out fine.

Not exactly sure what you mean by a mentor though. Hrm.

and our school has two classes of ext2 english. hehe, its like 40ish people. so there, sefton. :p
does it help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)