Merit and Entry Scholarship Email (1 Viewer)

rosemcc

HSC
we need to wait til ATARs are out and if u have 95+ ATAR then u'll be asked for an interview
That makes sense but wouldn't the email have said something along those lines? It just says "University of Sydney Merit and Entry Scholarship offers will be posted after the ATAR results are released. A second round of offers to students taking exams other than the HSC (such as the International Baccalaureate or an interstate qualification such as the VCE) will be made in early January and all applicants, successful or otherwise will be notified by the end of January."

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well for science, I already have an interview, not sure why this is, perhaps they are fairly confident I will clear 95?

funstudy

HSC
Yeah I got rejected ahah I thought I was the only one!! BUt our results aren't even out yet so why did they reject ppl?

Zeroes

HSC
Had my interview for science faculty on friday!
And now we wait...

Zeroes

HSC
I got the letter last week on 15th, then interviews were 21-23rd. You applied for science, right? That's really weird that you were shortlisted without an interview... are you a country/international student or something? What did their letter to you say?

thekooldude

HSC
I got the letter last week on 15th, then interviews were 21-23rd. You applied for science, right? That's really weird that you were shortlisted without an interview... are you a country/international student or something? What did their letter to you say?
i got shortlisted as well, but it said nothing about an interview and im not an international student or something...

Zeroes

HSC
What faculty? Not all faculties have interviews (science does)

rosemcc

HSC
I called up the scholarship office and the guy said that science wasn't conducting interviews this year and that he was sorry the email/website wasn't clear enough... that explains me and a couple others getting shortlisted without an interview but that doesn't explain why some people had interviews...

Zeroes

HSC
Yay you did get shortlisted, congratulations! (I read your pm before reading this lol)
I haven't heard anything, I'm so anxious now. :S

Edit: I got an Entry scholarship! :) (if I meet the ATAR requirements, of course)

Last edited:

littleremedy

HSC
zeroes when did you hear this? do they only send email or do they send via phsyical mail as well? because I think I provided them with a wrong email addrsss/ mispelt it by accident. arghh

Zeroes

HSC
They sent an email a few days ago and I got a letter from them today so as long as your postal address is correct you'll hear eventually.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They sent an email a few days ago and I got a letter from them today so as long as your postal address is correct you'll hear eventually.
Yay high five! Both shortlisted for science entry merit :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for two 95+s then for us!

Ohh hopefully I'll get a nice physical letter too soon, only got the email so far (but it'd take a few days in the post).

deswa

HSC
A bit late (was in Qld) but I got both a physical letter and an email at the start of last week saying I was shortlisted (business faculty). I wouldn't stress though if you didn't get a letter alongside your email- the system seems to be a bit haphazard atm.

HSC
Hm.. back on le bos.

I was shortlisted for Science and did get 95+...but I haven't heard anything from them. No mention of interview or whatnot.

Rythen

HSC
Just out of interest, does anybody know whether you can accept merit AND access scholarship? My friend got offered both of those (watta boss), and they're both priced at 6k/p.a. she says.

HSC
You can only accept one.

I got Dean's Entry and Access, taking Access (duh).

However, if ever you get scholarships that are worth <$6000, you can hold that with ONE of the access or merit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)