..::Messaging ProGram::.. (1 Viewer)

Kn1ght_M4r3

Hey there people, i juz registered t0o this site because i figured there are a l0t of smart ppl out there. =0)
I have juz ch0sen a msg service f0r my maJ0r work, d0 u guyz reckon its like really easY? like im n0t a VB guru and my 0ld teacher wasn't very g00d at vb, we g0t a new one now his real good.

Juz wanted t0o n0e d0 i need an extensive kn0wledge on winsock? or d0 i juz BORrOW code and use that? and state that i b0rrowed it. thanx.:rolleyes:

Winston

HSC
damn quit the 1337 talk i hate those 0's and own j00
wtf?!

in terms of winsock no u wouldnt copy it directly, i mean in vb i do believe there are standard methods to go about, but the thing is is this messenger program going to be over just a standard network or over the net, if its over the net you'll need a server to run as the host... and yeah wouldn't be too hard but once you get into functionality may be a bit difficult

go to www.pscode.com very common site and just search for IM Clients or instant messenging or type in winsock

Good Luck!

Kn1ght_M4r3

hehe my bad. :rolleyes: I was planning on creating just a messaging program over the network. Oh yeah and if i use winsock the user must type in an ip address to connect to the other computer unlike UDP where it doesn't require an IP correct?
i tried creating a UDP version of the chat program but i find its pretty pathetic, since itz two forms within and u are basically chattin to urself. Unless there is another way?

anywayz thanx for the help dude. IM very gratefuly
:D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Kn1ght_M4r3
hehe my bad. :rolleyes: I was planning on creating just a messaging program over the network. Oh yeah and if i use winsock the user must type in an ip address to connect to the other computer unlike UDP where it doesn't require an IP correct?
i tried creating a UDP version of the chat program but i find its pretty pathetic, since itz two forms within and u are basically chattin to urself. Unless there is another way?

anywayz thanx for the help dude. IM very gratefuly
:D
not a problem im not too experienced in programming so i couldnt pacfically help you

try mirc and go to #vb they can help you normally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)