Messed up in trials, is it over? (1 Viewer)

CHarmon

HSC
I momentarily sigh in relief as the Trial HSC is finally over.

My performance in the trials, on the other hand, was, to put it simply, shit. I do accept some responsibility for it owing to my procrastination, but a terrible fever that forced me to miss the first week of trials (only had two exams) had a major negative impact on my performance. The majority of my subjects were in the second week, and I was able to recover in time, but after that, everything spiralled out of control.

Doing my Mathematics Advance, Ext1 and Physics papers was such a struggle for me - even basic skills - as if I didn't even learn anything in year 12. This paired with a pretty challenging exam and I absolutely bombed them even though I was near the top in these courses. English was also a nightmare, my vocabulary and time management stressed me out to produce shit quality essays that I would have never. The only exams that I believe I did well in are IPT and music (estimating 80% and 90%+ for each respectively).

All I'm worrying about now is my rankings. Averaging 80-90 with each subject now Im being pulled to at least 60s, 70s or 80s in each subject and my rankings plummeting out of the top 10 for some subjects. This combined with my school being ranked around 300th is making me question if I could ever pull a 90+ ATAR and my capabilities.

Is my 90 ATAR goal over? Or am I overreacting and overthinking this?

Last edited:

bigman19191

HSC
Definitely still possible to get somewhere in the low 90s to mid 90s. You still have a your externals which is worth 50% of your HSC. However, I'm not going to sugar-coat it, you will have to do extremely well in your external exams (around raw marks of 85). Being out of the top 10 in a school ranked in the 300ths will definitely bring down your examination marks.

krispykangaroo469

HSC
at the same time -- it's not over until it's over. if you're really determined to push for your atar goal then have full confidence in your ability to perform well, and grind until the actual hsc exams.
don't be so disheartened just bcs of trials :) i think a 90+ atar is definitely still in your reach if you work hard!

Cliiton

HSC
Depends on cohort just pray and try for HSC exams. I would say you’re definitely in it for 90 atar if you didn’t fall below top 20.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Is my 90 ATAR goal over? Or am I overreacting and overthinking this?
What's done is done. You still did your best for trials despite shitty conditions, it's unfortunate - sorry

Push for HSC to be as best as it can be, use the next however long (6 weeks - shit) to get as on top of your subjects as you can. Go through your papers to learn your weak points and make sure you don't just give up. You can still do this!

(Why tf don't I have this motivation myself 😭 )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)