• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

DEMONIC-CHRIST

HSC
I am far from a tool...And what i said is my opinion...so i dont really care what you say to me...And...I dont just do shit on myspace..I do things local

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
You do really care deep down inside. How about you breathe and get over something someone said on the internet. If you tried to refute every point thrown at you, you would be on the internets all day, all night, every day, every night.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
DEMONIC-CHRIST said:
I am far from a tool...And what i said is my opinion...so i dont really care what you say to me...And...I dont just do shit on myspace..I do things local
How exactly do you finance such promotions and what do packages entail and costs?

Magicana

HSC
DEMONIC-CHRIST said:
If you think Iron Maiden is soft metal, you are a tool.

You also can't be a manager for high end bands (One with talent that go places) or you wouldn't be on Bored of Studies.

iwannarock

HSC
yeah i bet theres such a great music scene to promote in wagga wagga.

i guarantee its 100% teenage "hardcore" bands thinking they're the greatest.

HSC
Subgenre doesn't actually mean it doesn't also belong to the grouping one step up the tree. "That's not an automobile dickhead, it's a 4wd!". Similarly, despite being "power metal" (lol times two, what the hell is up there), Iron Maiden fit pretty well in the metal classification.

Also, since when have cradle of filth had anything to do with norway (apart from being fucking funny looking)?

Magicana

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Subgenre doesn't actually mean it doesn't also belong to the grouping one step up the tree. "That's not an automobile dickhead, it's a 4wd!". Similarly, despite being "power metal" (lol times two, what the hell is up there), Iron Maiden fit pretty well in the metal classification.

Also, since when have cradle of filth had anything to do with norway (apart from being fucking funny looking)?
For fucks sake, will everyone stop calling Iron Maiden power metal? Iron Maiden is for the final time NOT POWER METAL.

"Lolz Der Waffen it sounds like Power Metal so it must be"

Maybe it sounds like it because Power Metal was INSPIRED by Maiden. Maiden is NOT power metal.

HSC
Der Waffen SS said:
For fucks sake, will everyone stop calling Iron Maiden power metal? Iron Maiden is for the final time NOT POWER METAL.

"Lolz Der Waffen it sounds like Power Metal so it must be"

Maybe it sounds like it because Power Metal was INSPIRED by Maiden. Maiden is NOT power metal.
The quotes around power metal were to indicate that I was being sarcastic, and the part in brackets after that was me expressing my surprise that anyone could seriously classify them as power metal. Thankyou for your concern, however.

iwannarock

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
for the last time............that sub genre in that picture isn't about the place a band is from. Norwegian death metal is a style.

There are some American bands that do the Norwegian death metal style too.

Like the whole scandinavian scene was called gothenburg or something as a style.

and there were plenty of American bands copying it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
for the last time............that sub genre in that picture isn't about the place a band is from. Norwegian death metal is a style.

There are some American bands that do the Norwegian death metal style too.

Like the whole scandinavian scene was called gothenburg or something as a style.

and there were plenty of American bands copying it.
I think geoff was trying to point that out to him ;)

HSC
N/A
Ehrenkills said:
bloody Generation X or whatever. Just stop listening to my music and i'll be happy lol
Gen X, I thought the current post highschool age gen was Gen Y?

iwannarock

HSC
Ehrenkills said:
Just stop listening to my music and i'll be happy lol
it is this way of thinking that totally perplexes me.

i've never understood it.

:confused:

how do other people listening to the music you like affect the way you like the music?

i would be totally indifferent if i was the only person listening to old Cinderella records.........or every joe blow and sally were walking around with a Cinderella shirt.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
*lists thoughts*

Gen X are 80's kids.
Post Highschool kids are Gen Y
I dub you Highschool kids Generation iPod
I listen to an absurd amount of blues.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
*lists thoughts*

Gen X are 80's kids.
Post Highschool kids are Gen Y
I dub you Highschool kids Generation iPod
I listen to an absurd amount of blues.
What are the year birth cut offs, cause as I recall its quite subjective and there isn't a definite classification (although, that may have changed)

Doesn't Gen X end in the late 70s early 80s (like 81)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)