Methodologies In the S&C Exam!! (1 Viewer)

roseysparkles

HSC
Ok S&C exam next wednesday... I was looking through my notes and apparently for the depth studies we need to know methodologies for each...
I did Belief Systems-hinduism and for Equality and Difference I did Aboriginal Australia....
I think I will use statistical analysis for E and D ...but for hinduism im not sure...

Does anyone know how important it is to know the methodologies...if at all?
Is it possible that my wonderful teacher somehow got it wrong?...

Freaked out Sac student!
Thanks anyone who can help me.

mishka

HSC
N/A
If you have a look at past papers, and the way they usually word the questions, I think you will find that the questions are usually about specific methodologies (e.g. what are their strengths/weaknesses) and they ask you for a scenario in which it could be used efficiently.

I don't think the methodologies are directly related to your depth studies. You can use them, sure, but I doubt that there would be a specific question on it, based on past papers.

dalew777

HSC
My understanding is that your knowledge of methodologies is used in questions 1-3, such as when we get asked "Define an ethnographic study and how you would use it." etc.
Then for your depth studies you show how you use methodologies to answer the specifics of the question, in combination with your research and understanding of the topic.

So either way, its important and you certainly need knowledge of them to do well.

emily88

HSC
we may be asked to integrate methodologies into our depth studies.
this is the information my teacher gave us about Belief Systems (buddhism) and popular culture (mcdonalds), its simple but easy to elaborate:

Popular Culture Methodologies

Case Study: from the food culture representation on the media. Know what a popular culture is.

Questionnaire: Focus questions;
- loyalties, age, gender, employment, family background
- Opinions - quality, presentation, cleanliness, perceptions
- Lickert Scale for opinions
- Random sample; minimum 10 questions
- Write a report (give to McDonald’s - ethics)

Observation: criteria of popular culture
- What products being sold
- Who consumers are
- Paraphernalia
- Local history of store
- Processes of food production
- Class, age, gender, ethnicity - bias

Interview: members of older community - continuities + changes. Diversity of opinion, commonality

Belief Systems Methodologies

Scenario: Reflect on own beliefs, micro + macro
Construct scenario - perceptions of belief system

Interview: People who are part of the belief system

Statistical Analysis: membership

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)