Meyerhold (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, I've actually left Bos, but because I'm still mod I still get the notices when threads happen... Meyerhold is one of the rarest topics studied under the drama HSC, as far as I understand last year no more than 5 schools did it! Check out the HSC Drama links thread for links relating to Meyerhold. The Edward Brawn book - Meyerhold a revolution in theatre, is an excellent resource as is the Theatre Practioners Series book on Meyerhold that I believe is published by Methuen.

Look at HSC resources in the main section of the site, I've posted my notes up there, and not to sound cocky, but they are good, although very specific to the direction that I took in exams and my interests in the subjects. The important thing with Meyerhold - in my opinion - is a good broad understanding of what he did, what he worked as a reaction against, HOW he worked against naturalism - with specific performances to illustrate this, and the Historical context of it all!! To me, this is crucial, because if you look at the big changes that happend during the Russian Rev it's quite obvious that theatre would change that dramatically too!

However, that said, don't fret, its actually not as hard as it looks/sounds. It's very interesting if you keep a broad mind, and finding interests within it is what will get you through it.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yay im doing meyerhold :) and trust me.. listen to will_sparky.. i think hes in love with meyerhold, we've had discussions about it.

if you need any help let me know :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its a russian.. christ what woul dyou call him.. anyway he broke all the rules of realism etc and created all new stuff.. he was very strange :)

erin88

San Diago which in german means a whales vagina
HSC
i thought i was the only one doing meyerhold, no offence to anyone but i find him so boring i get half way through reading something and fall asleep! thanks for the sites cyber_chicken they should help me not to fail! thanks :)

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
meyerhold can go to hell
he didnt get famous enough hence the lack of information about him
agrrrr damn damn damn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)