MGMT 1001 Results (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is anyone else surprised at how shit they went in MGMT 1001? (i.e. thought they did ok in the final and expected a higher mark?). Is it possible that they scaled us down or did i just do badly?

Also, did anyone do really well?

I am interested to know cos i really thought i did better than my final mark suggests.

ct92

HSC
I felt the same, but I was admittedly rather complacent and lazy about studying for the final exam. I figure I deserved a mark which, while not bad, was not as good as it could have been if I'd properly studied, and that's what I got.

varunk

HSC
Hey what was the final like?

Do they ask like essay questions on management?

Simo91

HSC
I thought the same thing. I figured out I would have gotten around 50% for the final, and I was very confident after walking out of the exam, so I was a little disappointed i'd scored so low after already having passed the course before the exam.

jkli

HSC
N/A
hi guys, just wondering .. with the first assignment for mgmt1001 , did they mark really harshly and hand down severe punishments for wrongly cited references. It's my first assessment and it's abit daunting, although i'd probably laugh at myself after the semester's over about how i stressed over the first assessment. Also, my turnitin percentage is pretty high compared to others and i'm scared i might of accidentally referenced wrong = plagiarising. :(:(

halapenyo

HSC
hi guys, just wondering .. with the first assignment for mgmt1001 , did they mark really harshly and hand down severe punishments for wrongly cited references. It's my first assessment and it's abit daunting, although i'd probably laugh at myself after the semester's over about how i stressed over the first assessment. Also, my turnitin percentage is pretty high compared to others and i'm scared i might of accidentally referenced wrong = plagiarising. :(:(
what was your turnitin percentage? mine was 16% and the girl sitting next to me in my tute got 17%.

halapenyo

HSC
see what I'm worried about?
did you see what turnitin highlighted in your essay?

like for mine most of the 16% came from the fact that turnitin highlighted my actual reference list. so that obviously wont count as plagiarism.

jkli

HSC
N/A
yeah ... if i take out my reference list .. i still have 21% highlighted . even stuff that i thought i wrote on my own . fml i'm so worried, if i get caught for plagiarism ...... :(

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
heh dont worry. A LOT of us in the class got very low marks for the first essay task. I think they wanted to scare us

the rest of my assessments were around distinction average

also, my turn it in was like 32% or something. i never even plagiarised and wasnt caught

they picked up a few of my references - u will be fine

halapenyo

HSC
heh dont worry. A LOT of us in the class got very low marks for the first essay task. I think they wanted to scare us
my tutor said the highest in your year was 80% for the essay

jkli

HSC
N/A

the rest of my assessments were around distinction average

also, my turn it in was like 32% or something. i never even plagiarised and wasnt caught

they picked up a few of my references - u will be fine
omg really? thank you so much, i've finally heard from someone who didn't get a percentage lower than 20 <3. but you see, i am the biggest worrywart , and i'm just scared that I didn't reference properly. I heard even if you do get caught, the punishment isn't very severe anyway because they want us to "learn" about correctly citing rather than just fail us , is this right?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
my tutor said the highest in your year was 80% for the essay
yep. from memory, only one person got above 80 or something lmao

omg really? thank you so much, i've finally heard from someone who didn't get a percentage lower than 20 <3. but you see, i am the biggest worrywart , and i'm just scared that I didn't reference properly. I heard even if you do get caught, the punishment isn't very severe anyway because they want us to "learn" about correctly citing rather than just fail us , is this right?
oh no. if you plagiarise you will get punished severely, accordingly. As long as you paraphrased + referenced you are okay, however.

Being your first assessment task you will probably reference wrong, i found most of us got shitty marks for referencing first time round. So don't fret if you screw up your referencing it's only a few marks. >> Plagiarism is still a massive no-no though. But don't let your turn-it-in % scare you especially if you have referenced the right lines etc

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
WOW . i wonder what happened to them .
he's talking about the max mark, not turn it in :p

also, everest will be the biggest bullshit. you guys will have fun talking so much shit :p

halapenyo

HSC
everest will be the biggest bullshit. you guys will have fun talking so much shit :p
lol when i first heard about everest simulation in week 1 i thought everest was like a metaphor but then when i heard it is actually about climbing everest. i was just like wtf.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yep lol it's a game with several stages, teaching cooperation~communication and other bullshit~

i died both times it was played. doesn't matter though, gave me so much to talk about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)