Mgmt1001 textbook question (1 Viewer)

stevey6404

HSC
The current mgmt1001 textbook is called managing organisations and people 2nd editon (custom publication). I was wondering what's the possible difference between the 1st edition and current "required" one. Most textbooks don't change much between editions and wondering if anyone could provide any guidance/info about the older edition.

Thanks in advance

HSC
N/A
They didn't change it a lot (I had a look through the new book @ the bookstore. Not that I was directly after it, I did the subject last semester. I was just looking to see what the differences were and to see if anyone would buy my first edition textbook, second hand).

I am fairly sure they just bought out a new edition to scare/force people into buying the book from the bookshop and make sure that no one was selling/buying second hand copies. The school of management needs to keep up their cut of the textbook sales, what better way to do that than by having a custom textbook that is reprinted every year with slightly different questions.

UNSW school of management are the biggest assholes ever.

See how the "Spot Collection" questions come straight from the textbook (and they don't tell you them otherwise) , that is how they force you into buying the textbook. The textbook questions would be slightly different (though it looks like the material in the custom textbook hasn't changed much. It still says it's compiled from the same texts they used to make the first edition). I did the course last semester. An old textbook would be little use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)