MGMT1002 for 2013 (1 Viewer)

JayCakie

HSC
For next year, I plan on taking on MGMT1002. So far I've really enjoyed MGMT1001 because it gives me a major break from my work and writing essays are my forte.

If anyone has done MGMT1002 - What is it like? Is it similar to MGMT1001? Is it difficult? Considering that MGMT1001 is done before MGMT1002, I'm presuming that there would be some overlap in term of content. At least to a minor scale. Like for example, MGMT1001 has conflict resolution theories and so on which are applied to the course whether it be in an assignment or the final exam.

^What I've said above does sound really stupid, but could someone who has done this subject please clarify? I would be concerned if it has a lot of reading because I will be doing some law courses next year and I'm a bit weary.

Thanks.

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard MGMT1002 has a final exam that consists of 30 multiple choice, and the workload in general is a lot less compared with MGMT1001. Are you considering doing human resources management?

JayCakie

HSC
I heard MGMT1002 has a final exam that consists of 30 multiple choice, and the workload in general is a lot less compared with MGMT1001. Are you considering doing human resources management?
Less workload? Well that sounds pretty good considering that next year most of my other subjects are going to be much more challenging.

No I don't think I will be doing HRM. MGMT1002 is an elective I wanted to do under the ASB. I've really enjoyed MGMT1001 so I thought why not do MGMT1002? I don't really like any of the other Commerce subjects because they're boring. Are you planning on doing HR?

Jashua_Long

Banned
HSC
N/A
Less workload? Well that sounds pretty good considering that next year most of my other subjects are going to be much more challenging.

No I don't think I will be doing HRM. MGMT1002 is an elective I wanted to do under the ASB. I've really enjoyed MGMT1001 so I thought why not do MGMT1002? I don't really like any of the other Commerce subjects because they're boring. Are you planning on doing HR?
Why? Because MGMT1001 allows bludging arts students to skip all their classes without any real penalty?

If you enjoyed MGMT1001 I think you need to talk to a doctor.

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm thinking of doing HR, personally, if I fail actuarial in 2nd year.

I reckon doing MGMT1002 ain't that good, although it's marginally better than 1001. I reckon do something like 2725 or 3701, because they're actually useful to learn. (career planning and management and negotiation skills respectively)

Why? Because MGMT1001 allows bludging arts students to skip all their classes without any real penalty?

If you enjoyed MGMT1001 I think you need to talk to a doctor.
TBH I think MGMT1001 is the worst introduction to management at UNSW. There are a lot better management courses out there.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
a bit off topic but do you know what mgmt1101 is like?

I've been told negotiations is a heaps fun subject. mgmt2725 is really bludgy and useless though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)