Michael Leunig (1 Viewer)

beautiful bethy

HSC
I know that there are a lot of posts about michael leunig, but i am using his cartoons as part of my related text and i was wondering while i was analysing it (Let it go... and daily journeys) is the character in his cartoons himself or is it just some random? and do u have any tips 4 his cartoons?

Ta its just a querie, furthering my research you know?
Thanx :)

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
I'm not sure if the character is a portrayal of Leunig himself, but it is an "Everyman". I'm guessing the unknown persona displays the universal nature of his pieces. And also when looking at his cartoons, i've learnt that the structure of the cartoon is very important to what Leunig is trying to say. For example, one of my related materials is "How to Get There." It's long (as in takes up a double page) rather than 'tall' to display the longevity of Everyman's journey; we don't witness him 'getting there'.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I still haven't chosed my other text yet. Do you reccommend doing a Leunig cartoon?

My other text is "Dust on my Shoes" , a multimedia presentation from abc.com.au

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
They're pretty fun to analyse (dare i say it) but be careful because some texts are extremely overdone.

Sofee

HSC
where are you finding these leunig cartoons they sound like a great text to relate to and what does the one that you and the others are doing look like?

Dr_Doom

HSC
I got mine in class of the teacher. I just found it in my book the other day. It's pretty much the journey of life where he gets out of bed, then pats his dog, goes to work, comes home, goes to bed. It's cyclic. If you want I can scan it for you. Just pm me.

Dimorphic

HSC
Hello all, first post. I somehow stumbled upon this site on google. Still, am glad it is here. I have my English Advanced haf yearly on Wednesday and was wondering if as one of my own texts I have chosen is Leuing's cartoon How To Get There.

I was wondering if someone can give me some tips on how this is a physical journey. I have got alot of inner journey stuff (like how it could be a metapohor for life and how as the 'everyman' is represented smaller and smaller it is as he gets out of his 'comfort zone' and confronts life, etc)and now need some physica journey stuff.

Also, if someone can give me some tips as to how it relates to Lionheart as well it would be much appreciated.

dollarfifty

HSC
Hi all, this is also my first post, and i really hope someone replies quickly. I would just like to know if someone could get me a copy of any of Leunigs cartoons of the journey, that would be awesome

dollarfifty

HSC
Thanks 'Dr. Doom' :D perhaps i should have checked back on this earlier! :) i finsihed my assignment. Thanks all the same i love leunig- so insightful i believe.

kaveyan

HSC
hey Dr doom i was just wondering what is the name of the leunig cartoon you just posted?

Dr_Doom

HSC
I just call it 'The Journey'. It doesn't matter really what you call it. It's not like the marker is going to look it up :p

basmurfy

HSC
hey yea i am using the same one as you are dr doom
what are some of the aspects of journey u are annalysing in ur text?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Ahh I forget.. From this text I think I mentioned that the journey is continuous. there are positives and negatives. and within a journey there a lot of "sub-journeys", either physical , emotional, or imaginary....... :S

leoyh

mic`
HSC
hey guys do you have any good leunig cartoons that you would recommended beside the one above for physical journeys? the name would be great

Matt Samson

HSC
Oh the English teachers are still shoving this leftist dribble down the throats of impressionable year 12 students. Typical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)