Michael Phelps? (1 Viewer)

HSC
<3 phelps. & lochte. [lochte is awesome too :) ]

i want usa to beat aus just so he can beat the record =/ i think he's a pretty awesome swimmer, he's won 7 golds in this olympic games and broken records, it's just right that he gets all 8 gold medals.

& for everyone saying he's 'cocky' how is he? just because he's winning every race and isn't aussie it doesn't make him shit, cocky or on drugs.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yesterday they were doing some story on his diet. So screwed up. Pizzas and like 20 bottles of energy drinks. Doesn't even sound like a healthy diet.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Have you noticed that the only sport that has the possibility of breaking the 8 gold barrier is swimming?

The amount of medals up for grabs is fucking ridiculous for swimming.

humiliation

HSC
cocky? He seems to have backed up his cockiness fairly i say AND he seems much nicer than Ian Thorpe was. Drugs? maybe i'm not denying the possibility HOWEVER the main reason he's winning is he's a freak. His arm span is out of proportion with his height (200cm and 190cm respectively) his legs are smaller than they should be so less drag, and the freakiest of all he has double jointed ankles for extra thrust in the water. Look it up on wikipedia its amazing.

Anyway good on him he found his niche in society despite being freaky

HSC
tommykins:
Um. Have you seen the races he won? 200m butterfly, 400m individual medley, 4x100m freestyle relay, 200m individual medley, 4x200m freestyle relay, 100m butterfly, 200m freestyle.

They're not exactly the same thing, plus with the relay&the individual medley it's a different distance.

& if he was on drugs, they would have caught him by now.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
tommykins:
Um. Have you seen the races he won? 200m butterfly, 400m individual medley, 4x100m freestyle relay, 200m individual medley, 4x200m freestyle relay, 100m butterfly, 200m freestyle.

They're not exactly the same thing, plus with the relay&the individual medley it's a different distance.

& if he was on drugs, they would have caught him by now.
I'm not talking about phelps specifically, I'm just saying that it's easier to break the 7-8 gold benchmark in swimming since theres SOO many events for one sport.

It's not like you can win 7-8 gold for athletics?

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
tommykins said:
I'm not talking about phelps specifically, I'm just saying that it's easier to break the 7-8 gold benchmark in swimming since theres SOO many events for one sport.

It's not like you can win 7-8 gold for athletics?
agreed.

Freestyle

50 m
100 m
200 m
400 m
800 m
1500 m

Backstroke

100 m
200 m

Breaststroke

100 m
200 m

Butterfly

100 m
200 m

Individual medley

200 m
400 m

Freestyle relay

4×100 m
4×200 m

Medley relay

4×100 m

There should only be 1 race - 100m for each type of stroke. Except freestyle, which should have a 100m and a long distance one - 1.5km.

ratcher0071

HSC
Michael Phelphs has just gained his 8th gold medal, Good on him.

Sad for Australia, who got Silver. :mad1:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
CharlieB said:
agreed.

Freestyle

50 m
100 m
200 m
400 m
800 m
1500 m

Backstroke

100 m
200 m

Breaststroke

100 m
200 m

Butterfly

100 m
200 m

Individual medley

200 m
400 m

Freestyle relay

4×100 m
4×200 m

Medley relay

4×100 m

There should only be 1 race - 100m for each type of stroke. Except freestyle, which should have a 100m and a long distance one - 1.5km.
I'm pretty sure theres 50 fly,back and breaststroke too.

L-esky

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
Michael Phelphs has just gained his 8th gold medal, Good on him.

Sad for Australia, who got Silver. :mad1:
I actually thought it was a pretty good race.
At one stage it looked as though the Americans mightn't get it, but as soon as Phelps jumped in I knew they were gonna win.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
They should have different kinds of running. Like backwards and crabwalk.

atreus

HSC
- there are a lot of medals in swimming. there are even more in athletics but those are among very different disciplines. on track youve got sprints, middle distance and then as long distance as the marathon. then in field events youre looking for completely different skills. it would be very hard to get even 5+ medals in atheltics. marion jones got a few, but not all gold and she was on drugs. basically what im trying to say is that swimming is realistically the only sport that u could try to get 8+ medals in at the same olympics.

- the thing is, although spitz had this record, id never really heard of him as 'the greatest', so how come now when phelps has beaten him has he been given this title?

no doubt phelps is a great, but to call him the greatest is probably being pushed by the americans and the rest of the western world to take away from what will be china's dominance. they want to say that even tho china won the medal tally, at least we've got the greatest olympian ever.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Exphate said:
Yes, but to excel like he has, is an amazing feat, and one that requires plenty of training and alike. Hackett, a 1500m swimmer, and a 50m swimmer, require vastly different training.
ya but there's 4 different strokes where as in athletics it's on the different distances that makes the events different.

HSC
Well good on him. I don't understand Michael Phelps because he is intimidated in front of the camera makes he think the world is proud of him. I rekcon he thinking hes like King of Swimmer but i disagreed. Ian Thorpe, Peiter Van Den Hoogenband and Nat Couglin are better.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Well good on him. I don't understand Michael Phelps because he is intimidated in front of the camera makes he think the world is proud of him. I rekcon he thinking hes like King of Swimmer but i disagreed. Ian Thorpe, Peiter Van Den Hoogenband and Nat Couglin are better.
lol...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Exphate said:
Yes, but to excel like he has, is an amazing feat, and one that requires plenty of training and alike. Hackett, a 1500m swimmer, and a 50m swimmer, require vastly different training.
Of course, I'm by no means downplaying his actual achievements, just saying that it's easier to do so in swimming than any other sport.

IMO we should have backwards running, crabwalk and like moonwalk races or some shit, balance out the gold medals in atheletics.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
introduce some mixed relays. An 800m runner, 400m runner, 200m runner and a 100m runner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)