MICR uck bos for putting htis meaning in (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
Magnetic Ink Character Recognition is a character recognition system that uses special ink and characters. When a document that contains this ink needs to be read, it passes through a machine, which magnetizes the ink and then translates the magnetic information into characters.

MICR technology is used by banks. Numbers and characters found on the bottom of checks (usually containing the check number, sort number, and account number) are printed using Magnetic Ink. To print Magnetic Ink need, you need a laser printer that accepts MICR toner.

MICR provides a secure, high-speed method of scanning and processing information.

full bs I had 28 pages of notes and it was not on it :(

HSC
Yeh we mentioned it in one class and it was one thing I actually remembered and most of my class didnt remember taling about it lol.

7th Sign

HSC
some shit about relation shit databases I may have been able to scab one mark but thorught the shit I wrote...

MissyD

HSC
ACK! all i knew was it was something something character recognition

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Bad luck guys, maybe you should buy the learn the HSC in a month book :p Studied it last night, was sweet.

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
L_RES88 said:
Bad luck guys, maybe you should buy the learn the HSC in a month book :p Studied it last night, was sweet.
OMG!, i was reading that book for 20mins before the exam.. i knew most of it.. but seriously, thats a half-decent book for learning all the baer basics of the course i think...

Srixon

HSC
LOL that question fucked me up as well never new what it was on about just wrote some shit about management lol
Remmebered what it was after the exam but hey its only 3 marks that i wont get

HSC
N/A
never heard of it
so i wrote something about scanners and real-time thinkin that maybe it was the opposite of "bactch" lol
but apparantly it's batchh!!

ahh well
3 marks
GONE!

*cries*

lukestuart1

HSC
micr.
i walked out of the exam room and realised that i was the only one in the class that knew what the question was.

yes. 3 more marks for luke than everybody else

7th Sign

HSC
I may get one mark as I wrote some crap about bank systems :| for it but deffo lost 2 on it...

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I studied that thing pretty in-depth (for some unknown reason) and so I'm likely to get at least 1 or 2 if I expressed it properly :)

For those of you who couldn't remember what it was, don't worry. A lot of people I spoke to were like "F!@# what the HELL was that 'Meee-kah' thing all about??" hahaha

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I said magnetic ink character recognition

however, I didn't know what it meant :(
But ill get a mark for naming it at least hopefully :)

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
haha- how come you guys didnt know it, its listed in the syllabus right next to ATM and some other collection devices... Imagine if the test actually tested most of the course- the state average would be 30%

Lite

HSC
I wrote something sexual and bondage related, hoping the marker was attracted to that sort of shit. Maybe Ill get a 3/3 and a gimp for my experiments.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Can't sleep.

Lite said:
I wrote something sexual and bondage related, hoping the marker was attracted to that sort of shit. Maybe Ill get a 3/3 and a gimp for my experiments.
I hope you do realise that while that's funny, you can actually lose your HSC if you do that sort of thing because they consider it a non-genuine attempt at a question. Let's hope for your sake they overlook it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)