Microsoft Excel Question. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am trying to graph "Annual Unemployment Rate" Vs "CPI % Change Inflation Rate" as you can see but I need to show which year each data point is graphing. I am trying to maybe have the year above each data point or something? Is this or something similar possible? Thanks for any help:).

It won't let me upload a *.xls file so I had to change the extension to *.doc, so in order for you to view it in Microsoft Excel you will have to change the file extension back to *.xls once you have downloaded it:).

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
SoCal said:
I am trying to graph "Annual Unemployment Rate" Vs "CPI % Change Inflation Rate" as you can see but I need to show which year each data point is graphing. I am trying to maybe have the year above each data point or something? Is this or something similar possible? Thanks for any help:).

It won't let me upload a *.xls file so I had to change the extension to *.doc, so in order for you to view it in Microsoft Excel you will have to change the file extension back to *.xls once you have downloaded it:).
Here you go mate.

All i did was click on the graph
then on the toolbars click
chart > chart options > under the data labels tab > check "series"

All u gotta do now if double click on the text "seris" and manually type in the year that data plot coresponds to.
Im not aware if excel can do it automatically.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thanks for your help but that just changes the label from "Series1" to some other word. Like, I could change it to, say, "Annual Unemployment Rate Vs CPI % Change Inflation Rate" that is just saying that is is generally plotting "Annual Unemployment Rate Vs CPI % Change Inflation Rate" for some time period and doesn't show the comparison for each year, if that makes an sense:p.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
lol, nah im not too sure what you mean,
i thought u just wanted the data plot, to have a "label" (i.e the year)

Im not sure if u can show the comparison for each year, to me, it looked like there was no direct relationship b/w CPI and unemployment. e.g 2 values of CPI for the same level of unemployment (or vica versa)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Grizzly said:
lol, nah im not too sure what you mean,
i thought u just wanted the data plot, to have a "label" (i.e the year)
I wanted it to look like the picture attached but I have given up now:p.

EDIT: The upload feature doesn't seem to be working at the moment:(.

Grizzly said:
Im not sure if u can show the comparison for each year, to me, it looked like there was no direct relationship b/w CPI and unemployment. e.g 2 values of CPI for the same level of unemployment (or vica versa)
I am not actually trying to gauge any trends between inflation and unemployment, although it may look like that from the graph:p.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
ohhh hehe, oh wells...just do it by hand if u get desperate ;)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
No way, I am much too lazy to do it by hand! I am just doing it without graphing it:D.

kalli

HSC
how did u do that attached file thing?

i have a graph i want to show u about ure project thing.... dont know if its what u mean but its my understnding of what you mean...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
To add an attachment scroll down to "Additional Options" when you are posing a message and then click on "Manage Attachments" under "Attach Files". A window will pop up and then click on "Browse..." and select the picture you want to upload and then click "Upload". Don't worry about it now though because it is not working at the moment and I am leaving for University in less than an hour and I did it without graphing it anyway:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)