microsoft word won't run (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
when i go into microsoft word this comes up and won't let me run the program

"this application must be installed to run. Please run setup from the location where you originally installed the application"

problem being, when I got my computer, microsoft word was already installed on it. It was working before, now this. Is it a case of take it to the computer guy or is there something I can do?

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
So it worked, now it doesn't. What things did you do on your computer between it working and it suddenly not?

Check if you have the installation CDs available. Just because it was already installed doesn't necessarily mean you weren't given the installation CDs as backup. If you find them, then try reinstalling it.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
How long since you last used Word?

What have you done since? New software/hardware?

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
the only new software I've downloaded was spybot and ad aware - I don't think they're the culprits.

I've been reading that bad attacks of spyware/malware etc. can destroy computer files. Is this a likely explanation?

Well I suppose this is what happens when I buy a second hand computer from a computer shop.

Collin

HSC
N/A
duckofdoom said:
the
Well I suppose this is what happens when I buy a second hand computer from a computer shop.
You mean you bought it second hand with all the software installed from whoever owned it before and weren't given any installation CDs? Yes, that's what happens.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Did you register it at all with MS?

if you haven't that's what causing it. U have about a month to register, otherwise it'll do that. I had same problem....register or find another way, to avoid getting same problem again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)