microwave & radio wave technology (1 Viewer)

kate@bangas

does anyone know where there is good info. on a comparison of "the use of radio waves and microwave tachnology as an effective communication strategy for space travel"?
it's pretty general....hard to be happy with what info i have!!! if you have any questions i will try to answer your for you aswell...

kaseita

what textbook do you use?
jacarandas pretty good, or has enough anyway
there's not really that much in the question either :p

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
both have frequencies that will experience minimum absorption be the atmosphere.

But micro is better becoz:
* it has smaller wavelength, therefore smaller antennae needed. Mass is important on spacecrafts and smaller antennae would save $$$ on cast of fuel to launch.
* smalkler wavelength so also higher penetration
* if u use radiowaves u hafta make sure u dont interfere with radio and tv transmission frequencies that have already been taken

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
-=MLhtʻ=-

What did you mean on that last point?

"if u use radiowaves u hafta make sure u dont interfere with radio and tv transmission frequencies that have already been taken"

because we use radio wave for our televisions radios, phone receptions extra.
so for space communication, u'd have to select a frequency that is very differrent fromt he ones that we normally use

and keep in mind that waves can itnerfere, so radio waves can also intefere with eachother.

it is much better just to use microwave cozu have less things to worry about!

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Oh.

So that's what he meant.
Yeah, I didn't get that bit "...transmission frequencies that have already been taken" But yeah, okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)