• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mid Semester entry-Arts help (1 Viewer)

Llamaland

HSC
I was just accepted for Mid Semester entry to USyd to do a BArts. I am seriously considering majoring in Archaeology.
I have swapped from doing a forensic science degree at UWS and I am finding the whole arts thing very confusing.
So if I chose to do a major in Archaeology I would be starting out with the junior unit of ARCA1002- Archaeology an Introduction (this is the only unit listed for archaeology for semester 2 that needs no prerequisites).
So what other units can I choose from? Just anything that takes my fancy?
As you can probably tell I am quite confused enrolment is on 9th of July so hopefully I can ask some questions that are going to help me understand how this course works.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
yeah, for first-year BA you just choose junior units that interest you, making sure that you fulfil prerequisites for senior subjects that you might want to study in later years. for archaeology you'd just do ARCA1002 (and then ARCA1001 in 1st semester next year), and for the rest you can choose from all other junior units that are offered.

Llamaland

HSC
Maybe a better question is how many units can I choose from table A? How many from table B?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
usually you have to do a minimum of 6 junior units from Table A, so a maximum of 2 from Table B.

Llamaland

HSC
So could I chose 4 subjects from table A? That way I have more choice in majors if I don't end up liking Archaeology.

Llamaland

HSC
Nevermind I have found something that explains everything a lot better than what I was first looking at:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)