Mid Year Admissions (1 Viewer)

xxMaNiAcxx

HSC
I was just wondering if any of the courses at UWS allow for mid year entry. If you can does the fact you havn't started from the first semester disadvantage you? And also do you have to apply through UAC?

h3da

HSC
I was just wondering if any of the courses at UWS allow for mid year entry. If you can does the fact you havn't started from the first semester disadvantage you? And also do you have to apply through UAC?
Applications for mid-year admissions will open in April 2009 and via UAC.
You are not really disadvantaged other than the fact you are half year behind others which isn't a problem. There's alot of tafe students with midyear admission and stuff so i wouldn't be so worried.

Last edited:

-juLie-

meep
HSC
But just remember not all degrees have mid year intakes.

DTFM

HSC
Applications for mid-year admissions will open in April 2009 and via UAC.
You are not really disadvantaged other than the fact you are half year behind others which isn't a problem. There's alot of tafe students with midyear admission and stuff so i wouldn't be so worried.
Half a year ahead.

xxMaNiAcxx

HSC
Does anyone know how to check if a particular course allows for mid year admissions because im trying to get in to Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching.

h3da

HSC
Does anyone know how to check if a particular course allows for mid year admissions because im trying to get in to Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching.
All courses allows for mid year admissions especially when its UWS. You don't need to worry

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Information will be available in early April. You could contact the faculty and ask, maybe they'll give you a heads up.

DTFM

HSC
comparing with 2009 students who enrolled at the beginning.
It was a joke, I was making a joke.

Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching allows mid-year entry.

All courses allows for mid year admissions especially when its UWS. You don't need to worry
No they don't, stop spouting shit.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
You don't know what you're talking about. There are limited numbers of courses offered mid-year mainly due to the fact that the demand isn't there.

h3da

HSC
You don't know what you're talking about. There are limited numbers of courses offered mid-year mainly due to the fact that the demand isn't there.
which courses do they NOT offer mid-year?

DTFM

HSC
which courses do they NOT offer mid-year?
Last mid-year they weren't offering MBBS, Bachelor of Psychology, Bachelor of Computer Science, and I am sure several others.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Bachelor of Advanced Science is also not offered for mid-year entry.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
UWS is offering the Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching at both Penrith and Bankstown campuses for mid-year Admission. You can do a course search on the UAC website www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/ to see what’s available mid year and applications are now open. Applications close in early June.

By commencing your studies mid-year, you are really getting a six month head start. If you wanted to speak to someone over the phone about the application process and courses, you could contact the UWS Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669. There’s also a mid-year information evening at UWS Parramatta campus on the 18th May. The event will give you the opportunity to speak to someone face to face about studying at UWS, pathways to University, scholarships, student support services and the admission processes. To register for the event or to get further details, try visiting this site www.uws.edu.au/midyear

I hope this helps:)

waynele

HSC
I applied thro UAC for BBC at UWS, I'm wonderin if they gonna look at my last year UAI or anything else? bcuz I'm doin B.Engineering aeronautical in usyd now, but I hate it and wanna do finance/economics so.

sleek1

HSC
i wanna try to get into law and economics ,, im currently doing engineering at uws but im not sre what makes i will need to recieve an off cos engineering is pretty dry : )

does anyone know what makes i should be getting?

jaysexy

HSC
If we start a course mid year, does that mean say if you want to transfer out of your particular uni to another one, you'll still have to do a 1 year minimum and thus transfer out 6 months after other students who begun in the beginning of the year have?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
If we start a course mid year, does that mean say if you want to transfer out of your particular uni to another one, you'll still have to do a 1 year minimum and thus transfer out 6 months after other students who begun in the beginning of the year have?
Yes, unfortunately. Another option is to sit the Special Tertiary Admissions Test and apply to the course of interest that way.

Be advised though that not all universities accept the STAT, and basic guidelines for most universities who do consider the STAT state that you must be 21 on first of March the year you apply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)