Mid Year enrolment question (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
I got accepted into Bachelor of Science in IT in the mid year round. I was doing Bach of Engineering (Software) the previous semester.

I was wondering if I have to do Communication and Intro to IT subjects if I completed Engineering Communication and Intro to ICT subjects in the previous semester. Would they be accredited?

One last thing, I will be going overseas from the 4th of July to the 1st of August and if I want to apply for my subjects to be accredited, I can not enrol online. What can I do since I would be overseas?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
I was wondering if I have to do Communication and Intro to IT subjects if I completed Engineering Communication and Intro to ICT subjects in the previous semester. Would they be accredited?
It's difficult to say exactly what they'd credit you for. I would highly doubt Introduction to ICT would be credited, as it is not similar to Introduction to Information Systems. The fact is, apart from the name, they're very different subjects. I don't know what Engineering Communication is, and cannot find it in the handbook, but I can tell you that Communication for IT Professionals is essay based with a specific focus on the ethics of computing. I'd also suspect you'd have to take that subject if your engineering 'equivalent' was dissimilar.

One last thing, I will be going overseas from the 4th of July to the 1st of August and if I want to apply for my subjects to be accredited, I can not enrol online. What can I do since I would be overseas
This one I'm not sure of. If you applied for (and succeeded in getting) an Internal Course Transfer any creditable subjects will be credited automatically. If you did it through the UAC, you should give the UTS Student Centre a call on 9514 1222 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). They can advise you on what to do in your situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)