Mid Year intake - predetermined? (1 Viewer)

jbor

HSC
N/A
Taking a look at the UNSW Social Work Website it seems they state the UAI for mid year - is this common ? Also would mid year be generally higher or lower than main round UAI's?
TIA
J

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
thats quite weird

ive been told that the midyear UAI cutoffs usually rise above main round UAI cutoffs. it makes sense, even though less people are applying the spots they offer are much less as ive been told.

i dunno why that uais been predetermined. interesting

X

xeuyrawp

jbor said:
Taking a look at the UNSW Social Work Website it seems they state the UAI for mid year - is this common ? Also would mid year be generally higher or lower than main round UAI's?
TIA
J
Is it a new course? If so, they mightn't have set the UAI high/low enough.

Maybe it's very popular to transfer to?

jbor

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Is it a new course? If so, they mightn't have set the UAI high/low enough.

Maybe it's very popular to transfer to?
No its an established course. I am hoping that the main round UAI for 2006 is circa the 78 mark (defo below 80) as I am an overseas mature student (PR visa holder)hoping to study that course and need a UAI below 79.99.
Trying to follow the stats and that course went 78(2005) and 83.35(2004) dont know the reason for the drop but hope it remains at the sub 80 level.
As a side note I get a sub 80 UAI but in UK I got Law (offered place) which translates as a 96 UAI (A levels - UAI). totally different requirements but shows the huge difference in selection process.

X

xeuyrawp

jbor said:
in UK I got Law (offered place) which translates as a 96 UAI (A levels - UAI). totally different requirements but shows the huge difference in selection process.
Yeh, but here you get retards who want to do law because they got 96+, rather than wanting to actually do it.

Anyway, hope the course stays at the same height. Howcome you got a pre-alocated UAI? Was it from your A-Levels mark? If so, what were they? ABB?

You could have always done a year of law in the UK and just transfered, but you're probably stuck here.

jbor

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Anyway, hope the course stays at the same height. Howcome you got a pre-alocated UAI? Was it from your A-Levels mark? If so, what were they? ABB?

You could have always done a year of law in the UK and just transfered, but you're probably stuck here.
My UAI wasnt really pre-allocated. However a very nice person in one of the admissions offices at a Uni took alook for me and gave a general idea of what to expect i.e <80 but just under. As this is based on existing exam results(I am mature student) it would be a static score. No my A levels were not ABB. I did a HND which was 3 years full time after school though (like TAFE in NSW). How it works in UK for mature students is previous studies but more importantly an essay assessment and interview. This way a poor A level (high school) result does not bar the person (mature)from a Uni education. I actually didnt have to do the interview just the essay was enough to get admission for me(and the A level requirement was circa AAB). They give you an unconditional place which means you are in. As an A level student you can get a conditional offer which means you have to achieve the A level grades or sometimes an unconditional offer which means - your in !!!This is not too common though but happens.

I am actually not back in Sydney yet but even if i did the year of Law in Uk I would not be able to transfer to NSW based on that.

X

xeuyrawp

jbor said:
My UAI wasnt really pre-allocated. However a very nice person in one of the admissions offices at a Uni took alook for me and gave a general idea of what to expect i.e <80 but just under. As this is based on existing exam results(I am mature student) it would be a static score. No my A levels were not ABB. I did a HND which was 3 years full time after school though (like TAFE in NSW). How it works in UK for mature students is previous studies but more importantly an essay assessment and interview. This way a poor A level (high school) result does not bar the person (mature)from a Uni education. I actually didnt have to do the interview just the essay was enough to get admission for me(and the A level requirement was circa AAB). They give you an unconditional place which means you are in. As an A level student you can get a conditional offer which means you have to achieve the A level grades or sometimes an unconditional offer which means - your in !!!This is not too common though but happens.

I am actually not back in Sydney yet but even if i did the year of Law in Uk I would not be able to transfer to NSW based on that.
Ah. Mature aged students are so much more fun to talk with at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)