Midwifery? (1 Viewer)

lizzobeth

HSC
I'm looking at all the different career paths that appeal to me and for the past 6 years, Midwifery has always been pretty high on my list. Problem is, most of the uni courses require a 90+ ATAR (fuck) which is not what I'm gonna get, I don't have a chance in hell at getting a mark like that.
I've looked on UAC and it mentions the Bachelor Of Midwifery course in Canberra but it doesn't mention the cut-off mark. What are my options?
I'm terrified that I'll choose a degree that leaves me broke after 3 years or whatever and staring down a career path that isn't very happy. What are my options with becoming a Midwife?

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm looking at all the different career paths that appeal to me and for the past 6 years, Midwifery has always been pretty high on my list. Problem is, most of the uni courses require a 90+ ATAR (fuck) which is not what I'm gonna get, I don't have a chance in hell at getting a mark like that.
I've looked on UAC and it mentions the Bachelor Of Midwifery course in Canberra but it doesn't mention the cut-off mark. What are my options?
I'm terrified that I'll choose a degree that leaves me broke after 3 years or whatever and staring down a career path that isn't very happy. What are my options with becoming a Midwife?
University of Canberra has no cut-off for midwifery, they do require a CV and a few questions to be answered.
You can do a B nursing at CSU and a graduate diploma (I think its called that) at CSU.
Australian Catholic uni has a lowered atar for it aswell.

Remember: if you do D.E. you can get those bonus points!

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
I know Deaken's cut off is around 87 ATAR. Most Unis also require you to fill up an additional form (Like newcastle I think), interviews (like UWS) which seem to be weighted quite a bit :) So it is not just ATAR!

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised! I never knew the ATAR cut off for Miwifery was so high! (It is probably just me :) Good job to all the mid wifery students! A really noble profession too!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)