• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MIGHTY SHARKS form slump (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
It is due to the incompetence of Brett Kimmorley since SOOI and the decreased effectiveness of Danny Nutley and Paul Gallen in recent weeks.

I tipped them to beat the Roosters, but it's pretty tentative. I'm going with them on the basis that they desperately need a win to get their season back on track, they are playing in the Shire, and the Roosters have five players backing up two days after what will be one of the most bruising Origin encounters in history, I think.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I think the main reason for the slump is, like DRAGONZ said, the drop in confidence from Kimmorley. I dont care what other people believe but Kimmorley, leading up to origin was the best halfback in the league. Its funny what the press can do to people. He is obviously not as mentaly tough as i thought :(. However, i think he will get over it and with Hilder and Mellor back we should be able to get the season back on track. Hilder is deffinately underrated. He may not be a phenomonal play maker or ball runner, but he does everything right and consistantly plays well. Mellor is also a big part of the team. His leadership is needed as well as his experience.He is a good player and scored an amazing try down the sideline against the knights in 2001 where he palmed someone off about 500 times and stepped the fullback in the midst of it. Plus, he keeps mcgoldrick out of the side. Mcgoldrick is terrible. When the centres are injured covell or Simmons should come in off their wing and they should call up Merritt.

So in Short, the sharks wont win the comp this year, but they will make the top 8 and if they can get their season back on track it could be a top 4 finish. But i think we are looking strong for 2006. When Stevens retires will get a prop who tackles more lasts more minutes and doesnt spend half the season being busted by the judiciary. I love Jase, but Luke Bailey or Mason would be much better (and i heard thats who were intrested in).

As for the game this weekend, Cronulla will win, or the season will start looking a little shakey. Because four straight losses and then the bye before playing souths and knights is not good. We dont want to be low on confidence when we play either team. We dont want to be the first person to lose to Newcastle...... that would be terrible.

GO SHARKIES :)

Trogie

HSC
Random_87 said:
. Plus, he keeps mcgoldrick out of the side. Mcgoldrick is terrible. When the centres are injured covell or Simmons should come in off their wing and they should call up Merritt.
You're right Mcgoldrick sucks so much, see in the tigers game how he tried to tackle pat richards 5m out from the try line, but instead of going for the legs he went for the upper body. Worst attempted tackle I've ever seen, richards palmed him off like he was a fly.

Im tipping the roosters this week but that's by no means a sure bet, seems so hard to tip the sharks this year, seems like every week could be a watershed victory.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
im with the roosters of course, but with five of our players probably worn out by orign- i wouldnt be so sure if we could win, although i have faith in our players. Apparently Stevens is suspended or soemthing? i dnt know- but that could go roosters way. Both teams are desperate to win in order to maintain place in top8 so it could go either way as well. I wanted to shoot kimmorley for his performance in orign1, but i guess the media and pressure has really dragged him down. But i think ppl shouldnt blame sharks for having four consecutive losses because of him- it should be questioning of the team as a whole. Hopefully, Roosters can win this friday- and by a margin aswell- i wanna beat dragons on ladder!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Thanks but im a good fan..... i had it already. Though i have been looking to find more league videos on the net. the only place i can find was the sharks den at leagueunlimited.com
Yeah, you don't often find videos on the net apart from those sort of places.

The Saints have SaintsOnTV and jubileeavenue, which both have a few sound and video clips of Dragons stuff, but not much.

The best I've managed to find for myself was Tingha's try on the siren against the Tigers.

BBSF

HSC
there are many reasons why the sharks went downhill
but dont think for one minute the sharks plummet down the ladder wasnt to do with star players brett kimmorley and luke covell lacking confidence after both their origin snubbings.
in the early rounds of a year i like to call 2005, luke covell spearheaded the sharks to the top of the premiership ladder with individual performances not seen by a newcomer since noel goldthorpe, the little master who burst onto the scene in the mid 90s classed as "the new kid on the block".
before origin, covell and kimmorley, they were the real deal. after origin, their minds were elsewhere.

on this game, well we all know what happened. covell came , but his mates didnt. roosters vs luke covell it was

fulltime
roosters 14
covell 8

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I was a little surprised [size=+5]COVELL[/size] didnt beat the roosters all by himself. He must of had a bit of an off night.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
SCHOOLIES, NO! Take that back!

[size=+5]COVELL[/size] IS a RUGBY LEAGUE GOD and you know it.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, thats a great picture of [size=+5]COVELL[/size] in his day job uniform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)