minimum wages (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Your rate of pay may be seem low, but just remember that you are only a student and that it is better to have a job with 'poor' rate of pay than to not have one at all.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Note the 'poor'...

My point was that too many people believe that they should be receiving rates similar to those of experienced employees... That belief is pretty stupid. Perhaps I should have just said that, I guess.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
When you're working in retail like most young people who have jobs do, there is no difference in pay between someone who has worked there 10 years and someone who has worked there for 2 days (obviously apart from different rates for different ages)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Thank you for taking a general statement and turning it on its head. The point was that young students should not expect to earn similar rates to what their managers, mum and dad, or people over 20 manage (in most cases).

Jay

The amount of hours and effort you put into your work and the degree of difficulty have pretty much nothing to do with the rate of pay.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by KfWang
HEY! i just realised that Maccas pay more than award wages lolol

i used to work at this place that used to pay me 4:50, so im happy at Maccas lol
10 hrs for $45?? what bs. yeah people can't expect to work for as much as their parents, but also can't expect to work for nothing, people work hard and after a week of 10 hrs work what could you buy with 45? nothing!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
my mum was telling me about her nephew in poland who earns the same as me in a 50 hour week as i do in my 15-16

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)