Mining (1 Viewer)

laney

HSC
i think i've made one angry jim galvin.
i told him i don't think i'd go if it was to HVO cause i'd spent my summer there (i mean, what am i going to learn in 1 day from visiting there that i didn't learn in 3 months there) and he looked and seemed pretty pissed off.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
o_O That could mean trouble. Remember when I had to do the longwall dance? He made me do that for talking in class. Not that it wasn't fun, but one of the first things he said was, "I don't get mad, I get even".

Anyway, I'm not blaming you. You're right, there is nothing new you could learn in one day that you haven't learned in three months. I don't think he's the type to hold a grudge for long anyway, he's a pretty nice guy (to us 1st years).

On another note, are you coming to the "presentation" on Thursday? Followed by the ever so sweetly subsidised cocktail party? :p

laney

HSC
he's about to mark my longwall assignment :(
it was a shit assignment and i will get a shit mark...but now i'll never know if it was cause i pissed jim off or it really was a bad assignment.

no not coming to the mitsubishi lectur. i was going to until only today i realised it was THIS thursday and i'm going on the civil eng harbour cruise instead :D (btw, cocktails aren't really fully subsidised when you have to pay $20 entry...oh well, still pretty cheap for cocktails)

laney

HSC
hey dude, when is the HVO excursion?
i gotta try to write a bit of a "thank you for accomodating for me letter but i can't come" letter before the trip...try to get back into his good books.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I think it's most probably this Saturday, depending on weather. This is the open cut one you mean right? The Hunter Valley one?

laney

HSC
how was HVO?
cause the 3rd year Cobar trip was mostly fun :)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Cancelled due to rain. :( We haven't been to an open cut yet this semester. Very suxor.

albitros

HSC
N/A
Hey..

Im doin my HSC, well now..

Anyway i am very interested in Engineering and have narrowed down what i wanna do to civil, mining and mechanical, really leaning towards mining right now. I have the 2003 UAI minimum entry UAI, but a couple of my friends said that next year there is going to be a minimum entry of 85+ for all enginnering. Is this true?
Can anyone help?

Lil Clutch

HSC
yo
i want to do mining engineering! like it seems so exciting, and i want to do it at unsw cos i went there on the weekend for courses and careers day and it was tops! thats my input for the forum, but it seems like you guys are actually doing the course as we speak, so any insight into the course would be grand. you guys on scholarships? i want to go for co op and other stuff. anyway, write soon

Last edited:

lilkatie

Yewl! I'll be joining mining eng on a coop scholarship or a faculty of eng rural one - not sure what one i want yet - but i have to decide by 5 today eek
I'm kinda scared been a blonde girl and doing it but hey

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
You've probably chosen already but Co-op's get a lot more free drinks etc.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
You've probably chosen already but Co-op's get a lot more free drinks etc. Also, do you know how many Co-op places there are in 1st year?

DoAsInfinity

HSC
Curry said:
You've probably chosen already but Co-op's get a lot more free drinks etc. Also, do you know how many Co-op places there are in 1st year?
YAY! free drinks =.= ... as you might deduce, I got a co-op for mining as well! =D

Curry, IIRC from the Open Day lecture, they said ~7.

ioniser

HSC
i wanna do mining but apperently theres a high demand for mining this year lifting the cut off to over 90 form 78 last year ................dam that sucks

Numero Uno

HSC
the cut offs not gonna be 90 thats bs
i was told if u get 85, ur stilll automatically in
the problem will be for the mce ppl they have less chance getting into mining now apparently ..

mining is tops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)