MINOAN and ROME, can you do 2 lots of 5 part answer questions?? (1 Viewer)

Joolz

HSC
Okay so I do Minoan Crete and Rome (Augustus to Titus)

Can I do the 5 part answer questions for both sections?

Or do I have to do an essay and a 5 part question?

HELP!

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
er, what?

Minoan society is a Society.
Titus-Nero is a Society.

You have to complete Section I (Period), Section II (Society), Section III (Personality), and Section IV (Aditional Society or Period).

In your case, your Section IV will be one of your societies.

When you come to the exam, tear out the relevant pages for both Section II and Section IV and compare them. Chose ONE question from each section to complete.

You HAVE to do BOTH Minoan and Rome. If you do Rome in Section II, you do Minoan in Section IV. If you do Minoan in Section II, you do Rome in Section IV.

Generally speaking, Section IV is an essay, whereas Section II is the 5 part question. You would take this into consideration when you do the paper: think "can I do an essay on this?".

If Section IV is only essays, my answer is 'yes, you have to do an essay', because you HAVE to do ONLY one question from EVERY section.

However, there is nothing that says Section IV won't be a 5 part question. It is unlikely, though.

Just remember that you can swap Rome and Minoan Society around with Sections II and IV.

Four sections, one question from each. Plan ahead.

Last edited:

Joolz

HSC
Thanks, Yeah I knew most of that (just needed reminding)

I think I was just getting confused...

So just to clarify: In section II I have to decide wether i want to do the 5 part answer with either rome or minoan crete and then in section IV I have to do an essay on the society i didnt do in Section II

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Joolz said:
So just to clarify: In section II I have to decide wether i want to do the 5 part answer with either rome or minoan crete and then in section IV I have to do an essay on the society i didnt do in Section II
Exactly.

Sorry about my long answer, but I prefer students to know why they're doing something, not just what to do.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)