Misadventure Form (1 Viewer)

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
For the form, if you your appeal is uphelp do you get assesmentmark for for hsc mark? or whichever one is higher?
Say for 4u maths, my assesment mark sent to BOS is 75 and in the hsc i get a raw mark of 74 % and assume it is scaled 91%. Would BOS compare 74 to 75 or 91% to 75%. And if they consider the raw marks (74 to 75%) would they then scale the 75% since it is higher, as if my raw HSC marks was 75?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
In the event of a successful misadventure application, you would generally receive as your examination mark the higher of your moderated assessment mark and your actual examination mark.

It is difficult to discuss these procedures when there is (still) confusion surrounding the terminology used.

Here's a step-by-step overview of the general process:

1. Raw assessment marks sent to BOS by school.

2. Raw examination marks determined by BOS markers.

3. Initial moderated assessment marks for your school calculated by reference to the distribution of raw examination marks for your school.

4. Your raw examination mark is set to be the higher of your initial moderated assessment mark and your actual examination mark.

5a. All initial moderated assessment marks and raw examination marks are 'aligned' to band descriptors and course standards. These aligned marks are reported to you.

5b. All initial moderated assessment marks and raw examination marks are 'scaled' for inclusion in UAIs. You see only your UAI.

Last edited:

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
actual examination mark, so in 4u it's better not to apply for misadventure, due to scaling?,

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
What are the terms for which you can apply for IM? In Modules we were in this exam room and there was this constant battering noise from the air conditioner. Really distracted me and I was unable to block it out. If I'm in there again could I claim IM?

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
if the noise was large enough, lol maybe? anyone answer to my question

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
GaganDeep said:
actual examination mark, so in 4u it's better not to apply for misadventure, due to scaling?,
No - not true.

You've misread what I wrote.

Your 'initial moderated assessment mark' is not the assessment mark determined by your school. It is an entirely new mark that is calculated by reference to your assessment rank and the distribution of raw examination marks from your school.

A successful misadventure application cannot damage your marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)