Misadventure / Stress (1 Viewer)

China Doll

HSC
Am curious to know whether or not stress due to the HSC is really a legitimate excuse for misadventure. I ask because a friend of mine, and an excellent student, must have experienced some sort of panic attack during his English Paper and he decided not to attempt two of the prescribed essays. I wonder whether there are grounds for misadventure here. I suppose he'd only really receive some sort of pardon if he could prove that a psychological condition influenced his behaviour right? Let me know!
Cheers!

vedran123

HSC
China Doll said:
Am curious to know whether or not stress due to the HSC is really a legitimate excuse for misadventure. I ask because a friend of mine, and an excellent student, must have experienced some sort of panic attack during his English Paper and he decided not to attempt two of the prescribed essays. I wonder whether there are grounds for misadventure here. I suppose he'd only really receive some sort of pardon if he could prove that a psychological condition influenced his behaviour right? Let me know!
Cheers!
stress can be avoided if someone has a strond mind.

China Doll

HSC
And he does, however I don't quite know what came over him. In any case, his assessment rank and his performance in the trials will probably hold him in good stead. I suppose he could do without applying for misadventure, however, he's already thrown away 40 marks!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
China Doll said:
And he does, however I don't quite know what came over him. In any case, his assessment rank and his performance in the trials will probably hold him in good stead. I suppose he could do without applying for misadventure, however, he's already thrown away 40 marks!
Poor guy, I know what that's like. How he had anything like this before?

China Doll

HSC
Never! It was totally unlike him. Normally he's so confident - he's a pretty profound dude! What if he were to go the doctor's in order to procure a medical certificate for stress or something? Would that help any do you think? I don't know what he's going to do about it if anything. I mean, I don't know that I did particularly well in Paper 2 but boy am I glad I finished it!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
He could probably apply for Illness/Misadventure as that sounds like a pretty extreme response to pressure. However he would have had to get a certificate or something on the day (I think, that's just what our school kept repeating). I don't know much about what they could do if he succeeded - probably an estimate based on his ranking. But that's really terrible though. Sometimes the pressure can get too much. Good luck.

China Doll

HSC
We hope!! Fingers cross'd! Like I said, he's an excellent student, and if he were to successfully apply for misadventure, his estimated mark would be excellent I'm certain. In any case thank you for your advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)