Misadventure (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I'm sorry, but I didn't know where I should put this, so I hope this forum's okay...
I applied for misadventure on 2 of my exams (economics and legal studies) and was wondering if anyone knew what they do if your appeal is successful. (I realise that my appeal can be rejected and that I will be stuck with the extremely shitty marks I managed to scrape in the exams, but I really hope that isn't the case). Do they measure your raw mark against your assessment mark or something? I was just wondering because I have no idea how any of it works, and I will probably get about 50% in both exams (though I had pretty good assessments marks and ranks in both subjects).
Thanks for any help.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
why did u apply for misadventure ?

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
^ Well, I started getting queasy the night before economics and I thought it was just nervousness. But it kept getting worse all morning. About 2 hours before the exam I felt as if I was going to vomit everywhere. Then in the actual exam I started getting hot flushes and had to go to the bathroom because I was going to be sick. This continued all afternoon and night, and was the same, if not worse, on the morning of the legal exam. I was sick that afternoon too, but was fine the next morning and didn't apply for misadventure for Religion.
I know I was sick, but I still feel like I'm cheating by claiming misadventure... Do you think my appeal is good enough? The supervisors I had knew I was sick in both exams (even though I didn't tell them before economics, they came up to me in the eam and asked if I was alright). They even suggested I leave early in legal (I was struggling to stay awake, and to not be physically sick all over my paper).
So yeah, um, anyone know what happens with misadventure?

sarevok

HSC
They will give you the higher of your moderated assessment mark or your exam mark. If you have the appropriate documentation your appeal should be accepted fine.
You shouldn't feel like you were cheating by claiming misadventure; if you are sick there is nothing you can do and you need to protect your future. Even losing just a few marks due to an extraneous cause can make you miss a cut-off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)