Misadventure (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
I don't know, but I am really sorry for your loss. Best thing to do would be to contact the school. Take care of yourself love x

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
My condolences to you and your family.

To answer your question, the illness and misadventure process is available to support students who are unwell or have an accident or other misadventure at the time of an HSC exam, which definitely applies to you. Keep in mind that you need to submit a separate application and supporting evidence for each exam or exam component affected.

The manner in which you apply and are given special consideration depends on whether you will be able to sit the affected HSC exam(s).

If you are able to sit the exam(s):
  • Attend the exam as usual.
  • When you arrive at the exam, notify the Presiding Officer of your illness or misadventure and ask for an illness/misadventure application form.
  • Complete and submit the form to the Presiding Officer or the principal with the appropriate evidence within one week of your last examination, and no later than the date of the last HSC examination.
  • Your school will process the form and submit your application to NESA.
If you are not able to sit the exam(s):
  • Contact your school as soon as possible to advise of the issue.
  • Your school will provide an application form for you to complete and sign.
  • Provide your school with evidence.
  • Once completed and signed, your school will submit your application to NESA.
Once the application has been reviewed by NESA, the outcome will be one of the following:
  • Upheld - you will receive special consideration in terms of your mark (see below)
  • Declined - you will be awarded the mark you achieved in the examination. If you were absent from the exam and your course only has one exam, you will not receive any result in that course. This could mean that you become ineligible for the Higher School Certificate.
If your application is upheld:
  • If your application is upheld, and you cannot sit the exam(s), your Examination Mark will be made equal to your Assessment Mark, meaning that your Assessment Mark will end up becoming your HSC mark (i.e. your final mark in a particular subject)
  • If your application is upheld, and you can sit the exam(s), you will receive either your moderated school Assessment Mark or your actual Examination Mark – whichever is higher.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)