Misled (1 Viewer)

Begbie4017

HSC
Need advice from anyone that understands the uni process better than me.
The bachelor speech & hearing on the mac websites states direct entry to masters speech pathology and credit minimum for entry from other degrees.
Through WordOfMouth we have since found out that it is actually credit average for speech & hearing students as well, not direct entry.
The degree by itself doesnt allow you to do anything.
Some student approached convenors and said the web says credit entry for us (it doesnt)
there is ofcourse the disclaimer line that it is competitive entry and just meeting the minimum doesnt guarantee entry ...
Does anyone have any ideas of what to do ???
http://www.ling.mq.edu.au/postgraduate/coursework/slpa.htm

randomguy777

HSC
N/A
huh?
Admission Requirements:
  1. Direct entry: A Bachelor of Speech and Hearing Sciences from Macquarie University or an equivalent degree from an Australian or overseas tertiary institution.
  1. Applicants with degrees in other areas will be considered on an individual basis; some qualifying coursework may be required. A credit average (65/100) is the minimum requirement from an undergraduate degree.
Due to the clinical nature of this program, spaces are limited, therefore, entry is competitive. Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee a place in the program

your english is a bit weird.

do an undergrad bachelor first. > Bachelor of Speech and Hearing Sciences .

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Misled, not really. You missed the important facts.

Begbie4017

HSC
Another student has been told that direct entry refers to not having to complete the qualifying program.
I am not the only one in my course that thought point 1 was for mac S&H students and point 2 for all other students.
Its all clear now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)