Missed out by 0.3! (1 Viewer)

d-pilipovic

HSC
Hey i'm just wondering if there's anyway for me to still be considered for the course I want to do, I missed the cutoff by 0.3 atar points. The course is Commerce/Science at UNSW which had a cut-off of 96.3 this year, I received an atar of 92 and was eligible for 4 bonus points, my school subjects are also relevant to the degree can I leverage that in any way?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Can you consider doing B Science and then trasnfer to the combined degree after 1 year?

d-pilipovic

HSC
Would it be easier for me to internally transfer through a science degree, or externally transfer through a business degree after a year from uts?

d-pilipovic

HSC
One more thing, if I were to do the Advanced Science course, how difficult would it be to transfer into science/commerce after the first year, science is more of an interest to me and I'd hate risking getting stuck in the course especially seeing as they pay isn't that high and that there aren't that many career opportunities.. from what I've heard anyway

d-pilipovic

HSC
Sorry for all the questions but is an average mark of 75 a difficult task to achieve?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you do your work and put in a general effort, no.

Average mark given out is 70. So ask yourself: "Am I an above-average student?"

d-pilipovic

HSC
Also is WAM scaled according to what course you do, I kind of imagine getting a 75 in an arts degree would be easier than lets say a science degree

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No WAM is your mark. There's scaling if there are higher and lower versions of a course, and always moderation - as you'd see in the HSC.

And maybe if you're English inclined, yes 75 in Arts is easier than in Science. But others might feel differently.

D94

HSC
N/A
Also is WAM scaled according to what course you do, I kind of imagine getting a 75 in an arts degree would be easier than lets say a science degree
75 in an Arts course is the same as 75 in a Science course, when calculating the WAM.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
I think it's easier to get a higher WAM in Science as opposed to Arts as the answer's always black and white in Science, as opposed to what can be shades of grey in an Arts course.

It all depends on how you learn and what you like.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's easier to get a higher WAM in Science as opposed to Arts as the answer's always black and white in Science, as opposed to what can be shades of grey in an Arts course.

It all depends on how you learn and what you like.
Actually there's only fifty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)