Missed out on an exam (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

Okay, last friday I missed out on my biology trial due to some illness i got a few days earlier and now im assuming i would have to do it on the monday morning meaning i have two exams on the day (biology and extension 2 maths).

So do people who miss out on a trial usually do a different paper because i do not want to do a different paper i.e. not cssa because i would be at a disadvantage as my marks cannot be compared to the rest of my year./

H

housemouse

Someone mentioned in this forum that they had to do an entirely different SOR paper to their peers because they missed it last tuesday which is why i thought of this idea.

dandel26

HSC
My Year co-ordinator said that the usualy practise was to just give the person their average moderated by cohorts average. That might just be at my school though

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
housemouse said:
Someone mentioned in this forum that they had to do an entirely different SOR paper to their peers because they missed it last tuesday which is why i thought of this idea.
yeah that happened to one of my friends. She missed out on the exam cos 'she was sick' and then her ancient history teacher had to write up a whole new exam for her. When she compared the original exam with the one she had to do, she said that the one she did was harder. :/

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yeah that happened to one of my friends. She missed out on the exam cos 'she was sick' and then her ancient history teacher had to write up a whole new exam for her. When she compared the original exam with the one she had to do, she said that the one she did was harder. :/
that happened with like 3 people in my ancient class as well...they had the same questions we had except they were worth more marks ....most got bad marks compared with what they usually get ....

it all depends about your school...my school change the exams or give you an average

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Well, this was back in Year 10, and my school may be different to yours, but I was really sick on the second day of the school certificate and had to go to hospital, and I was also sick in the half-yearly exams. My year co-ordinator said that they just estimate your mark according to your previous assessment marks, and then compare that to your rank and the averages that the class actually got in the exam, to get a final mark. But that ws my school. During the actual HSC, as I'm sure you know, you get a misadventure form, but I suppose every school would be different for the trials as they are less formal. I don't think they can make you do it on the Monday when you already have two other tests. My guess is that you would have to do another different test, i.e. unless your teachers are lazy.

H

housemouse

Biology will be one of my two exams monday.

And hopefully I get to do the CSSA one cause I feel extremely disadvantaged doing the independent paper.

emily2005

HSC
N/A
So what would happen if you "got sick" the night before or ont he day of an hsc exam. What process would you and the school follow?

H

housemouse

You go do the exam and then tell the supervisor that you are unwell and he/she will observe how you do in the exam (like if your agitated or acting abnormal) then they will give you a form to fill out if they think you were unable to complete the exam to the best of your ability for whatever reason.

And i suggest you dont go and get sick or fake a sickie because you get an estimate which may not reflect what you can do unless what you can do is pretty low and you get a higher estimate.

H

housemouse

Probably something close to what you got for your school assessments after scaling and moderation etc.

HSC
N/A
Normally papers are different. Apply common sense - considering how much trouble they go through to make sure students don't see papers beforehand so no-one is at an advantage, they're not going to suddenly stop caring about fairness.

If you feel sick the day of or day before, then APPLY FOR special consideration etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)