missed the preli around (1 Viewer)

nesta102

hi, everyone i am an international student who currently at oversea for holidays.My uai is 91.4.orignally i think the the date of changing preference for main round is before Jan 6th. Actually after Hsc exam, i thought myself did extremely badly and change my preference at once because of the low mood. but after the realeasing of uai, i am so happy to get the result and want to change preference in my mind, but i didn't change through uac web,occasionally during this time i travelled to some places and also have a long christmas holidays, then i did change my preference in Jan 4th, because all my classmates told me the deadline for main round preference change is jan 6th, but to my surprise , on that day i found uac book said (changes of preference for international applicants must be received by midnight on sunday 2 jan to be guaranteed for consideration in Preliminary round offers. after this you may still change preference before 6 jan as main round).and on the morning of jan 5th,i have received the prelimimary round offer which i really really don't want( 84 uai ), and what i want is B of commerce in uni of sydney ( 2005 projected uai is 90.05).i missed the preliminary round .

my enquiry is :

1.do i still have got the chance to receive the offer for B of commerce in sudney uni as preliminary offer and make it as a special case ?

2.do i still got the chance to enter in main round, what's the difference between main and prelimiary around?

3. must i accept the preliminary round offer, if i do, will u continue sending me the main round offer, if i don't , what will happen?

4.the cut-off uai for international fee- paying student at main and prelimary round will be same or not?

5for example, if my uai is 91.4, and B of commerce in sydney uni for internaional fee-paying applictants is 90.05(assume), will it rise in main round?

6.does it mean preliminary round is mostly for oversea stduents, if u missed, you will be seen as local student in main round , which the uai cut-off is higher , maybe i will miss the 1st preference?

7.what kinds of disadvantage i will take if i missed preliminary round and go to subsequent round?

thank for your help, your sincerely

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
I think the cutoffs will not change (most of them are pre-determined), and you won't be competing with local students since international students are in a separate quota system. Yes the preliminary round offers are mainly for international students and non-current school leavers, so that international students have more time to prepare and lodge their visa applications. The two offer rounds are separte mainly for administrative reasons. You'll still be treated fairly in the main round, and get an offer as long as your UAI meets the cutoff. The UAC handbook should have stuff on how to deal with accepting preferences. If I remember correctly, you should accept this offer first, and notify the uni about your changes after you get a second offer. I am sure you won't be disadvantaged. If you are still unsure, send an email to the international office of Sydney Uni and they'll help you out. Good luck and take it easy.

S

Shuter

Also one point I think I should mention is, remember UAI doesn't have anything to do with how good the course is, or how hard.

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
the cut-off for overeseas still the same this yr for usyd, and i am an international student, and i got my offer.....i think the chance to have B commerce at usyd will be less than preli one........all my friends have already got their offers, which including B commerce at usyd, i think preli round for overseas and u have decided the 1st perference......anyways usyd's cut-off for overseas havent been changed.

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Did you contact the usyd international office? They are the ppl who know exactly what you should do. Read the threads above.

nesta102

how can i contact syd uni international office, because everytime i called them, it said " it is very busy now and please leave the message ", what should i do now?

nesta102

thank u for your help. could u leave your msn and i can contact with u directly , i have got some enquiry to ask u , thanks

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
nesta102 said:
thank u for your help. could u leave your msn and i can contact with u directly , i have got some enquiry to ask u , thanks
It's in my contact detail under my name.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
ok, here's the thing.....prelim round is mainly for ppl who defer or for internat fee payin i think. but internat fee payin can still get offers in main round. You can still accept an offer in prelim and then get a new offer in the main round...if you change ur preferences.

eg, if u get ur first preference in prelim, u wont b offered a place for the second preference in main unless u change ur preference order

so, I'd accept it...you can always back out

nesta102

How can i contact with international office of sydney uni ? why its always busy when i called it, what's the correct E-mail address and Tel i can dial ? Please help me to find those address which is available and give me advice, i am not familliar with uni of syd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)