Missing Melbourne woman (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
As soon as this case broke, I had a feeling the outcome would not be good. I hoped so much that they'd find her alive though.

I feel so much for the family, but especially her husband <3 It's tragic.

I hope the sick freak gets a decent sentence.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Now that this matter is before the courts, could everybody please be extremely mindful of what they post, espescially in relation to the accused.

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
something's missing here. how did he manage to abduct a grown women off the sidewalk by himself? he had to have some kind of transportation ready

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
something's missing here. how did he manage to abduct a grown women off the sidewalk by himself? he had to have some kind of transportation ready
I'm sure the gruesome circumstances will come to light after the matter is dealt with by the courts. In the meantime we can only hope that justice will prevail.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe he had a parked car? Just saying.

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
yeah that's what i was getting at, so far there had been no information regarding his method of extraction

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Maybe he had a parked car? Just saying.
The police said it was a spontaneous opportunistic attack though? The accused lives only 2 kms from the bridal store where they met so it is always possible she willingly went home with home (using an adjacent street and which was not covered on cctv).

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Now that this matter is before the courts, could everybody please be extremely mindful of what they post, espescially in relation to the accused.
Understood. I assumed it was okay since the well known website I linked too had and the media had named him.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It's not as though it was a deserted quiet street either. It was a friday night on a main street with various bars and there were plenty of people around at the time. It was well lit and there was road traffic around. A passerby on the CCTV is even seen turning around to look at something.

Pretty brazen to just pluck somebody off a footpath in such circumstances.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It's not as though it was a deserted quiet street either. It was a friday night on a main street with various bars and there were plenty of people around at the time. It was well lit and there was road traffic around. A passerby on the CCTV is even seen turning around to look at something.

Pretty brazen to just pluck somebody off a footpath in such circumstances.
This. Looking at the bridal shop and street in Google streetview it looks like a street you would assume is safe to walk down even at 2am in the morning.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't believe it, channel 9 has just reported on the alleged perpetrators (serious) criminal history - which I won't repeat here - honestly all the media will only have themselves to blame if there is an acquittal because there was no chance of a fair trial.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't believe it, channel 9 has just reported on the alleged perpetrators (serious) criminal history - which I won't repeat here - honestly all the media will only have themselves to blame if there is an acquittal because there was no chance of a fair trial.
All commercial stations have done so.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
All commercial stations have done so.
Really? How are they even allowed to do that. I remember when Bruce Burrell was on trial for the second murder nobody reported that he was currently serving prison time for the first murder (even though anybody who hadn't been living under a rock would have known that) so as not to prejudice the trial.

Garygaz

HSC
this is a case where mob justice would work fine. no trial = hunted by mainstream society

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
chances of getting a fair trial which every man regardless of their actions deserve... 0.00000001%

this is quickly turning into a travesty of justice... people seemingly think they can "change" the world by a tweet or facebook like... a trial, in this circumstance, (if he plea's not guilty) would be merely a formality considering the public's attitude to the incident (a person at court called the accused a "maggot" this pretty much displays the general public's attitudes)... its comments like that which: a ) don't help at all, and... b ) blatantly insult principles of justice which our courts adhere to...

vic pol also needs to re-assess claiming the case is closed... drove past to take a look last night... there is no chance in hell a women can be dragged away from that location without kicking, screaming and causing a scene which the world can see... there has to be another player involved... vic pol's attitude is just to deal with the matter as quickly as possible to avoid media scrutiny... this is a time which, in my opinion, where vic pol can shine and show that they are a police force which is through and proper and escape the controversies that have plagued them in the past...

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
the police aren't completely retarded, they'd at least have all of his email and phone contacts, work contacts and friends/family on tab and if they suspected a second player they would be using all of these avenues to pursue him.

tbh i think this is honestly one of those rare cases where you can throw your principles/ideals out the window and just say, this guy raped/murdered her (alone or not, time will tell), he admitted it and located the body. he's guilty. he's going to go to jail one way or another so the system works as it should.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
one of the reasons why Jaidyn Leskie's murderer was acquitted, was due to public outcry and behaviours which are currently being exhibited... I'm basically getting a real sense of dejavu... the public just needs to take a chill pill and let justice take its course... every sinner will pay their pound in flesh... people with the mob mentality are merely resorting or contemplating savagery which is no different to the savagery exhibited to the victim...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)