missing out on lectures/seminars (1 Viewer)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
just wondering,

if you miss out on a lecture or seminar are you able or allowed to go to another one on another day for the same subject? or is there something to do with having your name marked off or something that wont let you?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You can go to whatever lecture you want, even ones for subjects ur not enrolled in hehe.

As for tutes, tutors prefer you to stick to your own class but if you have a situation they're often willing to organise for you to make it up in another tutorial time.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
You can go to any lecture you want. There has been many a time when I've gone to a ECON lecture in 67.107 and woken up 4 hours later in an education or population health lecture.

There's no name marking, unless you're in some of those more creepy courses like Enginnering etc where it does occur, but feel free just to stroll in and stroll out of any lecture room you want.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
yeah, but the name marking in engineering is only for people who go and beg for marks at the end of the year.

funny how many times the roll that is passed around has been "lost"

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I know I've sat through a few engineering lectures (I have no idea why I'm there, it's like Van Wilder; I went to my classes today, and some that weren't mine, liked what I heard and stayed', and I've signed the roll sheet so I didn't look suspicious and some person about 4 seats away from you looks concerned and tells his friends 'hang on, somebody signed my name instead'.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
oh good.
so i guess that whole marks at the end of semester for attendence is only based on tutorials?

i really really wanted to see my friend perform at ENCORE but its the night before uni starts and at the opera house. i was racking my brains out trying to find a way around it... but the thing is,for some of my subjects, theres only one lesson a week for lectures.

wow. so if im made to bum at uni becfore my bus comes, i can just pop into another lecture and bum there.neat.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
oh good.
so i guess that whole marks at the end of semester for attendence is only based on tutorials?

i really really wanted to see my friend perform at ENCORE but its the night before uni starts and at the opera house. i was racking my brains out trying to find a way around it... but the thing is,for some of my subjects, theres only one lesson a week for lectures.

wow. so if im made to bum at uni becfore my bus comes, i can just pop into another lecture and bum there.neat.
Yeah, attendance and participation is based on tutorials.

And don't bum around inside other lectures, go to the unibar or duckpond lawn, or even the IT on the computers.

HSC
Also important to note that many faculties impose a minimum attendance rate of attendance ranging between 75% and 85% (At least the ones I've had, others might be more or less) :) If your attendance falls beneath this range, you can be awarded a fail, though this often seems to be a discretionary measure on the part of the Uni.

While these requirements are apparently meant to apply to both lectures and tutorials, in reality this equates to tutorials as most lectures don't record attendance (Unless you're in my classes, because I always seem to get the attendance nazis).

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I get attendance nazis too. Though when you learn a language, you need to turn up. Though CSCI102 was really nazi-ish. So was STAT131 and MATH121. =\

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
STS116 was almost non-existant, there was one class when apparently only 1 person besides the tutor turned up, so class was cancelled. When I say apparently, I'm not sure if it actually happened because I wasn't exactly there.

But some classes are attendance fascists, but they're mostly maths/science and language related subjects... commercy and arsty subjects are much less strick on turning up.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
santaslayer said:
Didnt really fail it. Friend did. Except he got a really good mark for them to fail him like that. Marketing. 73%
Yeah, I was one attendance away from failing for Marketing, goddamn that subject was the most pointless tedious waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)