Mission Impossible? (1 Viewer)

princess_ariel

HSC
Hi, just wondering if it's possible to get a UAI of 99.6+ even if I'm not taking 4 unit maths or 3 unit english? I take chem, bio, SDD, adv eng and 2u maths. I'm ranked 1 in all of them, except for chem in which I'm second. My school counsellor has told me that it's very difficult. Quite frankly, I'm very discouraged. Your opinion please? Thanks!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
doable, but difficult. Then again, just because you do 4u maths and 3u english doesn't make the task any easier.

ioniser

HSC
depends ,do you go to a big school,because that would give you a big advantage,and yes it is doable but very difficult.A girl in my school last year did that she did similar subjects to you but 3 unit maths (which didn't count towards her uai),my schools an average school and she got 98.6uai but because she did some course at sydney uni in the holidays the uni gave her 1 extra uai mark and thus she got into law/economics 99.6 uai

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
princess_ariel said:
Hi, just wondering if it's possible to get a UAI of 99.6+ even if I'm not taking 4 unit maths or 3 unit english? I take chem, bio, SDD, adv eng and 2u maths. I'm ranked 1 in all of them, except for chem in which I'm second. My school counsellor has told me that it's very difficult. Quite frankly, I'm very discouraged. Your opinion please? Thanks!
Don't be discouraged - anyone who relies only on scaling to secure them a spot at university would be unlikely to get the UAI necessary for a course like Sydney Law. Its usually the intelligent, talented or disciplined who do that well - regardless of their subjects.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
You would need about 94-95 in all of them. So yes... difficult.

you can have a look at the reverse feature in JUAIseek0405.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)