• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mistake with UWS Student Fees Account? (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
*edited*

My Student Fees Account statement came home today. It includes the Student Activities fee of $182.00 and the Commonwealth Supported Fee Type of $1,958.00. Is this correct? Is this what they talk about when you have to pay a minimum required for your course and the rest of it is on your HECS debt? I am a CSP student btw.

Last edited:

Optophobia

HSC
I got the same thing.
I think it means you only pay the 182 and the commonwealth pays the other fee.. The terminology they use sure makes it confusing though.

--> Minimum amount payable?

klh

HSC
that amount is if you paid up fornt and not defer, thats the amount you pay, if you are deferring than the amount you owe is the assessed amount.

Check if your student contribution rate is correct and that you are enrolled in the untis it shows.

spillargroove

HSC
Well it says my Fee Category is LOC-HECS and I selected that I was deferring all amounts to HECS-debt in my CSP Purple sheet. It says I will be paying the Student amount though, not the Assessed amount.

klh

HSC
did you read the * [asterisk] point? it says if you decide to pay this amount up fornt, then the student amount is what you pay, otherwise after March 31, it will be deferred if you did provide a TFN to the ATO on your HECS-HELp form when you enrolled.

LOC-HECS just means your a local student [as in Australian Citizen] and you are using HECS, a goernment subsidised amount for your uni fees. It says that for everone, whether you say deferred or if you said pay up fornt becasue sometimes poeple want ot pay up font halfway through their course or for whateer reason. Dont worry, the only compulsory payment is the Minimum due amount of 182 anyway if you wish to defer.

did you read that booklet they gave you on HECS-HELP?
Teh assessed amount is what you will get as a debted fom th ATO when you defer and pay it back when you et a job. I hope im clear...

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
$182 is the minimum to be paid

anything after that is up to you, but thats how much your course costs ($1958) for semester 1. If you only pay $182 then the 2k will be defered

pick me

HSC
I havent got my fees letter yet, should I have recieved it by now?

0Jade0

HSC
What happens when you pay the whole thing? the 2 grand or whatever.

j_davo24

HSC
Then you will have no HECS debt when you leave Uni, if you pay the whole thing every semester. Is there stil that 20% discount or whatever if you pay a certain amount up front?

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
pick me said:
I havent got my fees letter yet, should I have recieved it by now?
yeah, on my letter which i got a few days ago it said they sent it on the 25th of february

theres still 3.5 weeks till the deadline, so dont worry too much

turbo7

im not sure. i have payed the 182 and i have 2 amounts 2934 and 2389 i havent paid the upfront yet of 2389. can i do that in two payments as i have already paid the student fee?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yea u can do it in as many payments as u wish, until the due date.

it just gets credited off the balance payable.

check the code right after the unit name ie. 301,201 etc.

the first number means what hECS band the subject is in. i think the other too means if you are pre 2005 or post 2005 student etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)