Mistakes in Major Work (1 Viewer)

gorgo31

HSC
I am devastated - upon trying to shrink my major work to post here, I discovered in my reflection statement two instances where I refer to one character when I meant to refer to another.

I wonder if anyone else has seen anything incorrect with theirs after submission? Or cares to speculate (past students included) about what kind of penalty will apply when the markers come to mark it, aside from in my case, the obvious confusion?

I'm so stupid :(

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
As cliched as this advice sounds, the majors have already been shipped off and there's really no point in beating yourself up about it. That said, I sympathise with you - a fair portion of my journal was butchered when printed and bound, and I only discovered this minutes before submission.

In regards to penalty, I doubt there'd be one. If the marker has read your major work and understands it well (which they should be able to, being "highly experienced" EE2 markers), they'll no doubt realise who you were referring to in the reflection statement. The best case scenario, of course, would be them being completely oblivious of it. Like you said, you only made a mistake in two instances over ~1500 words, so there's a good chance they won't even notice it.

HSC
N/A
Haha, I'm sure we all have a few mistakes here and there ;)

Personally, I've got a few minor typos and one or two grammar problems.

Usually the markers are smart enough to figure out what you're trying to talk about - I don't really think you'll "lose" marks per se, it's just a bit more annoying to read.

J

jhakka

In reading my Makor Work since hand-in last year, I have found two sentences that I am unhappy with and should have fixed up. Apart from that, I think I got everything.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I haven't looked at my major since handing it in. I don't think you'll get pinged for having one or two errors. As c_james said, they should know what you're talking about anyway.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I know how you feel Gorgo, I realised a few minor mistakes in my MW after handing it in. Like everyone else has said, we'd do best to forget about it forever.

gorgo31

HSC
Thanks for the support guys. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes - there's definitely no point beating myself up about it now. I'll save that for when the marks come back, heh.

nedzelic

HSC
It couldn't have been worse than my mistakes. THREE typos in subtitles in a video - and there was probably only about 120 words written in total! What's that, like a 3% mistkae rate. That's what you get for editing at 4am!

clarity

HSC
I'm pretty sure mine is okay, but I'm not even going to check. As it has been said, its shipped off and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't want unnecessary stress and I'm sure that I'd find something that I wouldn't be happy with. To me, my MW does not exist anymore lol.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
shutup man ^

who cares if you have some spelling errors. i watched the video of one of last years at our school and she got 45/50... most of the text within the film was riddled with spelling errors;

e.g. instead of "opposing" she put "apposing"

Kyroth***

HSC
The morning I handed in my vid, I realised I forgot to credit my music. Then, when my teacher burnt it, she told me I wasn't allowed to put my actors names in it, but there was nothing I could do about it! Grrr.... Also I had a drawing I was working on that was in the back of a journal, and now I can't find it! So it's either at the ee2 center or the drama center or lost forever ;( Also I had all these really important shotas with people's jumpers or my tech crew or pink shoes in the background... ;(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha don't worry dude, ten minutes after it was sent off i looked through my dummy copy only to find a footnote still reading 'insert reference here'.

i did the same thing with one of my modern essays a few weeks ago, the teacher circled it and said 'this is not a footnote' and i was like YA THINK?!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
glycerine said:
hahaha don't worry dude, ten minutes after it was sent off i looked through my dummy copy only to find a footnote still reading 'insert reference here'.

i did the same thing with one of my modern essays a few weeks ago, the teacher circled it and said 'this is not a footnote' and i was like YA THINK?!
Ha! a friend of mine did the same thing for a hand-in english assesment, except it was in the middle of the essay, and was something more along the lines of "insert witty allusion". It was quite funny, the teacher was bemused I think.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
when I got my majorwork back I found a good handful of mistakes

.... a bit in my reflection statement didn't flow properly, and I had missed a whole word that made the whole line not make sense in my actual majorwork... things like that...

I got an E4 so I think they'll let it slide

You'll be right

Nothing to worry about I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)