MLC ....change of schools (1 Viewer)

HSC
looks like i'm going to be changin schools soon..i don't have much choice.

i'm halfway thru yr 11 and have always been in a government school

so going to MLC will be a sea change for me

does anyone go there?

also i wanted to know what's MLC's ranking?
also has anyone else changed schools, or is planning to, mid yr 11?

did you face any problems?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
the.chosen.one said:
looks like i'm going to be changin schools soon..i don't have much choice.

i'm halfway thru yr 11 and have always been in a government school

so going to MLC will be a sea change for me

does anyone go there?

also i wanted to know what's MLC's ranking?
also has anyone else changed schools, or is planning to, mid yr 11?

did you face any problems?
MLC was ranked 30 last year. From what i heard from various people, it's a good school with one girl getting 100 for her UAI last year. However my friend who tried to enrol there last year for yr11 had some troubles but i can't remember the exact reasons. I'm assuming because she was an international student who came here and started school in year10. And you know they have some rule on student visa's of how you have to stay at a certain school for a certain amount of time.

Last edited:

shellsbells15

HSC
i know a girl who changed from there... said it was too bitchy. if you have been to a co-ed school the whole time beware its a HUGE change to go to an all girls school... the claws definately do come out.

luce711

HSC
i changed to MLC last yr, i absoluteli luv it! i used to think all MLC gals r bitchy, but they not all that. its a pretti good skool, and most of the girls r veri friendly, so if your not the bitchy type, u ll love it.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shellsbells15 said:
i know a girl who changed from there... said it was too bitchy. if you have been to a co-ed school the whole time beware its a HUGE change to go to an all girls school... the claws definately do come out.
that'd be a generalisation for most other all-girls too won't it?

but then it seems to me that the all girls school consistently do better in the hsc compared to the co-eds and all boys (barring baulkham hills and the ubiquitious ruse)

shellsbells15

HSC
i used to go to an all girls school, alot of my friends still go to them and they all admit how bitchy it gets.
as for HSC results, i don't believe it makes a difference, i know i try and work harder to beat the boys, and you get a different perspective on things having boys with you in the classroom.
eg. legal today we were talking about pre nups. and the boys agreed with them, the girls didn't, made for a great debate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)