Moar troops 2 Afghan? Y/N (1 Viewer)

Moar troops to Afghan?

• Total voters
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, I say withdraw, if they havent done whatever they were tryin to by now, thay aint gunna, however they were right in going to afganistan after the events following 9/11, not like that iraq bullshit.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
More.

Well, that's what the humanist in me says. The spiteful person in me says to pull all troops out and let the country and all in it burn.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I reckon we need to do whatever we did in the Gulf War - 43 days of aerial bombing, less than 100 hours of ground fighting, and an epic win.

More troops imo

X

xeuyrawp

More.

Well, that's what the humanist in me says.
Yeah the humanist in me also says that we need to send more Australians over there to kill more Afghanis. :rolleyes: The second part of what you said is ridiculous.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Yeah the humanist in me also says that we need to send more Australians over there to kill more Afghanis. :rolleyes: The second part of what you said is ridiculous.
No, it's not ridiculous at all in my opinion. Even with huge pressure from the coalition forces and tens of thousands of foreign troops in his country, Karzai is still making overtures to the Taliban.

So let's picture this - pull out all the troops. I am willing to bet my house that in that situation, within a few years, the Taliban would be back in power and the Afghan people under the thumb of their regime again (strict Sharia law, if I need remind you). Take it the other way - more soldiers means more stability, a happier Afghanistan and a stronger Afghanistan, given my claim that sending more troops is in fact better for humanity. And please don't make the distinction that I love war, I don't, I just know that it can be a solution sometimes.

Take Iraq, that was a giant turd speeding towards its inevitable doom (at a rate of 40 attacks a day), Bush sent a largely unpopular troop surge there (of course Obama is allowed to do one without much of a backlash, but ok) and the attacks dropped significantly within a year to around 4 attacks a day and even now, with many troops being pulled out, to around 4 a month. Troop surge = happier country.

Last edited:
HSC
I don't know. Depends on many things. But I don't really agree with the war in Afghanistan, so my initial inclination is to disagree. However, it's true that the Taliban fucked the place up and we should do something about it. So yeah.

Lol. Wow. That was insightful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)