mobile phone: should i get plan or pre paid? (1 Viewer)

HSC
im interested in buying a 3 phone from their store, but i don't wanna drain $500 plus on a mobile phone and then use it and forget about it later on (pre paid, if i buy the phone) and i know alot of fees etc for a plan mobile contract, and i know all the stuff would happen if you don't pay the bills. This is what i don't know, hopefully someone here can tell me or not, when signing a plan contract for your phone, along with your bank account, id etc, do you really need to have a job or not just to be approved of getting a approved plan contract??? because i haven't been in a job for a while with little time in my life. So anyone can tell me this and other info that would be useful for me when i walk into the store, much appriciated, thanks.
:)

redd

HSC
N/A
Get prepaid

gives u verstaility because think about it

-What if your usage habits change?
-What if you want a different phone (since plans are approx 2 years this is very likely)
-What if you go over? (even with capped plans when you go over the "cap" the monthly costs can be staggering.
-What if you lose the phone or break it? ( A friend of mine lost his phone 3 or 4 months before contract and he worked out that paying out the 3 or 4 months was cheaper than the cancellation fee. It was about $150 wasted.

- Prepaid plans are usually better value with free mins or text.

HSC
thanks for all your suggestions, i dont use my phone credit much, usually with my friends, i chat with them via net rather than phone. Someone suggested to me is to get a contract plan and when you recieve your phone, you change your sim card to the prepaid sim card, is that legal?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
well if u use alot of credit, go plan :), cause u dont have to pay for the phone :)

Last edited:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Plan is pointless. Your best option would be to get a prepaid mobile. If you don't like any of those phones, buy one outright and get a prepaid strater kit. Plans can be really irksome and there's usually a clause that says they'll cancel your contract and charge you the remainder of it if you don't use the allocated number to call anybody within a certain time period (i think it's 2 months with optus).

santaslayer

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Vodafone 49 dollar Maxi Cap.

'nuff said.
$49 plan is good.

$22 for $22 worth of calls is also good if you're not gonna crazy with the phone. This is for the 3G network. (Which is improving). You get the choice of an LG U880 or Samsung (something something).

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I'm on the $22 plan.

You don't pay for the phone.

I make < $20 calls a month, so I only pay $22.

You get the choice of one of three bonus options, I chose 150 free SMS.

Since I don't send more than 150 SMS, I still only pay $22.

It's a 24 month contract, so you're getting a phone, $528 worth of calls, 1800 smss for $528.

And if you go over, by say, a dollar, then you pay, shock horror, $23 dollars!

:)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah I'd say prepaid or capped, I'm on a plan which is easier for me but it's a business plan so I don't actually pay the bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)