Mobile phone went off during final exam (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Hey guys.

I undertook a final examination during the formal exam period for one of my subjects. Prior to the exams I was sitting on excellent marks and was very confident I would of received a distinction or higher. However my final grade was a 74-credit which is bullshit. Anyways during my final exam, a person who was sitting exactly to the left of me phones went off. Half the class heard it and knew it came from the guy to the left of me. The stupid supervisors did not do a single thing even though the lady heard the mobile phone go off. I was honestly about to get up and pound the guy and also tell the stupid supervisors off for not doing anything. Anyways I emailed my lecturer last week telling him of the situation and explaining how this wrecked my concentration etc etc etc and how it affected my final exam performance etc etc etc. Anyways I finally receive a response off him today stating that I should of put in a special consideration form for it after the exam. Like WTF I still done the exam and completed and such. I don't want to resit the stupid exam again because of some stupid cunt bringing in a phone without even putting it on silent.

Anyways, I submitted a grade of appeal form today stating my case and putting in a tick in the "Appeal grade because of conduct of final exam". What do you guys think of my chances of getting a distinction grade? I have called a few unversity staff but the staff who take care of this matters weren't in today. Has anything liek this happened to anyone during a final exam? Please help me guys.

Cheers

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Are you seriously putting in for special consideration because a phone went off??

What is wrong with you?

I did an exam once whilst council workers jack hammered a pathway RIGHT OUT FRONT THE EXAM CENTRE FOR 3 HOURS.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Oh yeh and I forgot to ad that when I was talking to some staff member on the phone today, they checked what the supervisors wrote about the final examination and they did not even make note of the phone going off! I mean WTF!

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Are you seriously putting in for special consideration because a phone went off??

What is wrong with you?

I did an exam once whilst council workers jack hammered a pathway RIGHT OUT FRONT THE EXAM CENTRE FOR 3 HOURS.
A mobile phone going off during a examination is a serious offense you know. The University states that even getting caught with a mobile phone in your possession can lead to expulsion nevertheless a phone actually going off.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
If your not going to contribute anything positive then please don't. I really can't be bothered dealing with such unrelated comments such as this.
My contribution was entirely positive.

They're not going to award you special consideration because a phone went off once. It's ridiculous. If you really claim that your marks were significantly impaired because of that, you don't deserve to go to uni.

I'm sure people have dealt with worse in an exam and survived, you're being a pedantic twit.

Charizard

HSC
You should be kicked out of uni for being such a useless cunt.

How do you function in the real world if you can't concentrate after a phone goes off?

you're automatically the stupidest person in that exam hall.

piitb

HSC
Hey guys.

I undertook my ISYS123 final examination during the formal exam period. Prior to the exams I was sitting on excellent marks and was very confident I would of received a distinction or higher. However my final grade was a 74-credit which is bullshit. Anyways during my final exam, a person who was sitting exactly to the left of me phones went off. Half the class heard it and knew it came from the guy to the left of me. The stupid supervisors did not do a single thing even though the lady heard the mobile phone go off. I was honestly about to get up and pound the guy and also tell the stupid supervisors off for not doing anything. Anyways I emailed my lecturer last week telling him of the situation and explaining how this wrecked my concentration etc etc etc and how it affected my final exam performance etc etc etc. Anyways I finally receive a response off him today stating that I should of put in a special consideration form for it after the exam. Like WTF I still done the exam and completed and such. I don't want to resit the stupid exam again because of some stupid cunt bringing in a phone without even putting it on silent.

Anyways, I submitted a grade of appeal form today stating my case and putting in a tick in the "Appeal grade because of conduct of final exam". What do you guys think of my chances of getting a distinction grade? I have called a few unversity staff but the staff who take care of this matters weren't in today. Has anything liek this happened to anyone during a final exam? Please help me guys.

Cheers

u only put in special consideration after knowing your mark. so if you had received 95, you wouldnt have bothered even though it does disturb you??

end of day there are people coughing, sneezing, farting, going to toilet...

i really hope u dont get special consideration. oh and by the osund of it you wont. the lecturer told u to apply for SC so he can get you off his back. when he receives the application it will go straight in the bin LOL

hahahha

xsavagex

HSC
Look, it's poor form that the supervisors didn't do anything or mention anything in their report of the exam however a mobile phone going off probably isn't anything to complain about and i HIGHLY doubt you'll get your marks pushed up.

I heard that a fire alarm went of during a stats exam (?) - now that is something that is distracting.

I'm not trying to be mean but you're going to get the same response from anyone, a mobile phone is not that big a deal. Sorry!!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Lol, in one of the bio exams this sem the fire alarm when off and they were evacuated for a while. course coordinator said no special consideration will be given, it affected a lot of exams apparently.

marco9905

HSC
Harden up and move on. 74 is still a good mark so stop complaining just make up for it in the rest of your units if you dont think thats enough

Monstar

HSC
Yeah Whateverr, I'm in a similar situation with me getting 64 and me sitting next to some fucking weirdo who was making noises, using excessive hand gestures and basically just being down right disturbing.. so much that the guy on the other side called him out infront of the whole exam.

Do you think we got a case?

HSC
To be honest get over it. Same thing happened to me in my stat 170 exam and this was my first uni exam ever and I got over it quickly and got a HD at the end.

You got a credit, passed then should be happy and get over it.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
seems to me like OP is pissed off that the person with a phone going off in an exam is not being punished - i would also be upset, however you trying to get a better grade has nothing to do with it. Perhaps one would pursue trying to get that person punished in some way (although way too late now), but definitely not appealing so YOU can get better marks.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
I am definitely going to ensure that this cunt gets in shit about his phone going off and also am going to do my best to get these supervisors in shit. I don't give a shit even if I got 85 and this happened. It is a matter of principle that people are getting away with it. If I could go back in time I would honestly have gotten up and went off at the guy. It is very unfair that I abide by all fucking university rules and policies yet they can't even follow it themselves. I'll guarantee you guys I'll get this cunt and these supervisors in shit.

Alvik

HSC
hahaha LETS COMPLAIN 4 WEEKS AFTER THE EXAM

If you were distracted by that for more than the amount of time it took him to turn off his phone, you don't deserve a D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)