• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mock Trial (2 Viewers)

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
Hi guys!
I have heard a lot of schools have the same case as us, the one where someone was hit and they are counter claiming. we are the prosecution and it literally seems impossible to win it, the case is really one sided...does anyone else agree?

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Yes I agree with you, we are also the Prosecution and the case looks really, really difficult. However I think that the Defence has a weaker case (after analysing it for quite a while). Anyway I won't go into details.

coolkoombaya

HSC
ha crap. i go sefton high school, we did one or two rounds, then the supervisor ( a really good/cool teacher) left, and went back to melbourne, so we had no replacement teacher. so mock trial was disbanded, and yeah, we dun do it anymore. was fun, sounds even better now, too bad we're missing out ><

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Mock Trial was fun... We kept losing though... damn magistrates were biased towards girls' schools -.-

...those were the days.

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Mock Trial was fun... We kept losing though... damn magistrates were biased against girls' schools -.-

...those were the days.
?

starlitwonder

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Now why is that eerily similar to our case?
The district gets the same case, its just divided into prosecution and defence. so everyone will be doing the same case

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
starlitwonder said:
The district gets the same case, its just divided into prosecution and defence. so everyone will be doing the same case
That would explain why.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
yeah i think it is really bad that everyone gets the same case, i know it would be really hard to make a new case for every team but so much cheating goes on

filo_romz

HSC
i got a mock trial coming up on tuesday .. but im sitting this one out cuz i got too much work and ima too busy .. lol but the case is about some guy who acted on negligence and resulted in a guy whos in a car to swerve to the wrong side of the road and damaged his car .. XD

ChicShit

HSC
We won again!

Thrashed another school in round 3, with an 80 point difference...
Looking at the mock trial scores we have the highest, so I think my team are def. into the elimination rounds.
I must say, I hated that last case! The witness statements had so many objections you just had to concede to :headbang:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
ChicShit said:
We won again!

Thrashed another school in round 3, with an 80 point difference...
Looking at the mock trial scores we have the highest, so I think my team are def. into the elimination rounds.
I must say, I hated that last case! The witness statements had so many objections you just had to concede to :headbang:
That's quite a big difference between the points. The most we ever had was a 50 point crushing of the school we faced in the 3rd round.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Is it the Top 4 schools in each district that go through? If that's the case then even though we lost one we're still in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)