Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

behemuf

HSC
Cant Wait, Our first Trial is on the 25th against Narara, We will flog em. Im most probably a witness which will be good but hard work cus i have to remember so much shit.

For those of u who dont know mock trial its like a debating comp but a trial and its judged by a magistrate not an adudicator. Our case is a Attempted Murder and the defendant has alreday been proven guilty and he is testifying he did ut in self defence. We are the prosecutors and we have to prove him wrong. It will be sooo much fun. I cant wiat.

Is anyonbe else doing it, If so what school and we can discuss our cases.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I did it last yr...and wish i could do it again...I was Barister 1 most of the time but i also did solicitor and Barister 2...the unfortunate thing with Mock Trial is if u get the crap case it is very Hard to win....it was our downfall...good luck@!

AJohnston1121

HSC
We did a case last year. I can't remember what it was based off but it was where a girl had stabbed a guy and he refused to have a blood transfussion because of his religion and died. But the real case Ithink was the guy stabbed the girl. But I was the Pscologist (spelling) for the Defence side. WE WON :) Which was petty amazing cause it was hard to win that case.

But we may be doing a second Mock Trial but against the Year 11ers MWHAHAHA They will crumble :)

mercury-chic

Whoever gets to do a mock trial is damn lucky. My class never got to do one :mad: It definately beats having to sit and listen to real cases in a local court. But at least the District Court was good.

jonnathann

Yea i think we're entering..but i dun think we've put our names in yet. Is it too late and do students need to pay?

smrtsam

HSC
Yea~I did mock trial Last yr n It was THE BEST thing ever!!A Magistrate even said that I was the best witness he's seen in he's 20 years of being a judge in mock trials!!!Oh yeah~*

monique66

yeah i did it last year as well, but you get so many biased magistrates...

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Yeah i did it a few years back and we got to the grand final, but we were runner-up.
"Second Place? Hell Yeah!"

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
Ahhh, the good old mock trial. Did it for two years, and I'll watch this years team (first trial is this Thursday). Being a witness kinda sucked though, because our team lost EVERY round. But, when I was second barrister in the second year, it all turned around and we one three and very closly lost one. Except one of the teams we beat last year got into the knock out rounds while we didn't. Which was a bit homotastic. But hey, we beat Hornsby Girls. I found that quite satisfying.

Be second barrister. It's awesome.

Nicko123

HSC
Also a member of last years competition (2nd/1st barrister). Took out the title, awesome fun most of the time. I'd recommend it to anyone, really great chance, we had the best time putting them together. Did second barrister for a few, but I found first barrister a great position, admittedly cause i couldnt be bothered putting in the work for 2nd. Good luck to anyone participating in this years comp ;) After mid terms if anyone would like them(?) ill find my old materials and post

Last edited:

mini_monica

Life's short. Talk fast.
HSC
mock

yeah im in our school mock trial team, as the solicitor/barrister (we swap the roles sometimes). we won our first round :D (criminal case) on the 2nd of march against aquinas...it was really fun! such a shame seeing as the points from the first round don't count.. lol :)

we lost the case but we still won the trial haha we rule!! our next one's on 5 april, and it should be interesting cause we're against newtown...(apparently they're really good!!!) and it's a civil case.. *crosses fingers* ;)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
your doing the one with the commercial lease contracts arent you??? im doing the same but against patrician brothers... and that criminal one was with the remote control thingy right?? hehe good luck with ur upcoming trial mines on thursday!!!

cya

mini_monica

Life's short. Talk fast.
HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
your doing the one with the commercial lease contracts arent you??? im doing the same but against patrician brothers... and that criminal one was with the remote control thingy right?? hehe good luck with ur upcoming trial mines on thursday!!!

cya
yeah we're doing that one!! :p are you the prosecution or defence? good luck for thursday :) what role are u?

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
we are the prosecution and im barrister 2!!!! hehe although i havent written down anything for the closing statement :S hehe are you prosecution or what?

ciao

mini_monica

Life's short. Talk fast.
HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
we are the prosecution and im barrister 2!!!! hehe although i havent written down anything for the closing statement :S hehe are you prosecution or what?

ciao
prosecution too! lol ours is on tuesday and i haven't really done anything much.... oh well the opening address is easy cause it's short... lol

Wovle

HSC
Who actually has a lawyer coaching them in their cases and what to do during the case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)